This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I work out 5-6 times a week. Alternating between cardio and strength/weight training. I found a great deal on a body bag/speed bag combo with stand on craigslist a few months back when. When I brought it home and tried to assemble it I discovered the ceilings in any of the rooms I could put it in were about 2 inches too short. Complete and total guy moment. I stood there thinking, 'D'oh! Should have measured that!".

Comment

I went to the gym this morning! My but hurts, which is nice, and my abs too. And I walked the dogs too. I must go to bed now. So I can go again tomorrow!

I CAN DO THIS!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Hard to beat a moonlit run. Even if it is in town. Did the regular 2mi. Getting faster slowly but surely.

Comment

Been on this crazy no-low carb diet for about a month, weight-training and doing a bit of yoga because yay, yoga! I haven't noticed any changes other than being able to lift the heavy boxes at work over my head like it ain't no thang, but the other day I was described as "svelte" for the first time ever... so I guess it's paying off! Horrah! :0

Comment

Just been doing my yoga, but I can feel my body getting more and more accustomed to the work and am really excited to know more of the postures and learn the best ways to run through them!

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Most of my workouts have been the tae bo dvd's as well as doing some belly dance stuff (it's a serious core work out).

Debating and trying to figure out if I've got the money to afford a gym membership to one of the closer gyms around here.....It's not too much money, but I'm not making any money off of any art sales (since I'm not getting any commissions) and I'm the only one working, so I've gotta make sure the other bills are paid before I can do the seemingly superficial stuff
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                Most of my workouts have been the tae bo dvd's as well as doing some belly dance stuff (it's a serious core work out).

Debating and trying to figure out if I've got the money to afford a gym membership to one of the closer gyms around here.....It's not too much money, but I'm not making any money off of any art sales (since I'm not getting any commissions) and I'm the only one working, so I've gotta make sure the other bills are paid before I can do the seemingly superficial stuff
                I'd commission something from you if I could afford it!

Also, try Zombie Run. It's awesomeness. Don't need a gym membership, and it sure makes you run! haha
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Zombie...Run?
                  sigpic

Comment

I read about that Zombie Run app and if I had a smart phone I'd download. It sounds fun. I've upgraded from 2 to 3.1 miles every time I run now. I'm gonna work my way up to run the 10K's as a challenge now that 5K's are easier.

Comment

I've been working out for really the first time in my life this year...well the first time with any consistency. So far I've lost 46 lbs and several sizes. I lift weights 3-4 times a week and do kettlebell cardio/lifting on opposite days with a little rest here and there. In the summer/spring I like to run/walk intervals, but it gets dark too early these days for me to do that. It's COLD after dark. I do not like being out in the dark, below freezing temps. Call me a wimp.

But really, I love weight lifting. And I love how much more food I can eat when I do it. A girl's gotta have priorities.

Comment

I haven't been posting in here much, but I've started the SportMedBC's RunWalk program (it's the program they use to train people for the Vancouver Sun Run). I've just finished week 3 of training, and it's been awesome so far. Three times a week, I go for a run, but it's all interval training, with the intervals getting longer each week, and alternating between running and walking at a reasonable pace. I've never successfully run in my life, so I'm really excited that this has so far not bothered my knees. I don't know if I will make it to 10K (background: two knee surgeries in the last 15 years, and I'm supposed to 'never run again'). But yeah. Even 5K I'd be happy with. Just to be able to go out and run for an hour. If it goes really well, I'll entertain working up to half-marathon, and then marathon distances, but if I can never run more than 5K, that'd be okay. Just to be able to run without pain would be amazing.

And then I try to alternate the days with yoga, aquafit, and climbing. Basically I'm unemployed until I finish this move, so...gotta fill my days somehow...

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                        And I love how much more food I can eat when I do it. A girl's gotta have priorities.
                        With the Christmas season coming on, I have a tendency to make fudges, and cookies, and things like that because giving people cookies is cheaper than buying actual gifts (and because...cookies!), but because of this, and the invariable fact that I will be eating some of these things, my partner and I have decided to enforce a cookie:workout ratio. For every piece of fudge we eat, or every cookie, we have to do either 5 pull-ups, or 5 minutes of cardio. So...if I wanna sit in my jammies and eat a dozen little christmas cookies, I'm going to have an hour run to look forward to, or 60 pull-ups...

It's like a win:win punishment for everyone. I love cookies, AND I love exercise.

Mostly art.

Comment

This past Sunday me and my brother ran a half-marathon distance. We ran the course for the upcoming half-marathon come December 21. Soon as the sun went down my arms started to get numb though. It took us 2:22:?? to finish, but the last 2mi were pretty easy knowing the end was near. That night I felt fine, but the next day my quads were extremely sore. Fortunately that soreness only lasted a couple days. If I can come up with the funds I'll probably run on the 21st too.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          but because of this, and the invariable fact that I will be eating some of these things, my partner and I have decided to enforce a cookie:workout ratio. For every piece of fudge we eat, or every cookie, we have to do either 5 pull-ups, or 5 minutes of cardio. So...if I wanna sit in my jammies and eat a dozen little christmas cookies, I'm going to have an hour run to look forward to, or 60 pull-ups...
                          I used to do that when I was reading comics online.

Comment

Today I was tired, cranky and didn't want to do anything....so I went downstairs and added weight to all my standards and kicked the hell out of myself.

RAWR

Comment

Yeah after that last post in November I didn't run but one 6mi run in early December. I've taken the winter off and it is hurting getting back into it. I was running 3.1mi in 23 minutes. Now thats been upped to 26:30. And my knee has been giving me hell.

How's everyone elses workouts been coming? It seems like everyone's taking the winter off.

Comment

I'm actually starting my workout up with the winter. With next month's payment on my credit card I'm starting up a gym membership so I'll have the excuse to work out. (I'm paying for it, better use it thought process lol)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X