• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I can't bring myself to use my money for a membership. But good luck

Comment

I've gotta use the card or I get a fine each month that I dont-so a $10 charge of a gym membership to a place that's open 24 hours during the week is kinda worth it. Means I can go work out during those nights where I cant sleep for anything
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

5 km jogging did this with a cold weather.. Feels good after...

Comment

Yoga. Moving. They kinda go hand in hand. My GOD I have some heavy books. Good thing I know how to lift with my back.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I haven't done anything in months, winter sucks. I'm going to be getting into gymnastics though! something I've always wanted to do, that and I don't like lifting weights so this will compensate.

Comment

I've been working out for about 3 years, and it's working. Not in the traditional way, though, since I work out because I like my snacks. Hedonism comes first.
              But my physical strength has increased quite a lot, and I don't get sick as easily anymore. On the other hand, my shoulders have gotten broader, so some of my old clothes don't fit anymore.
              Obviously, I love lifting heavy stuff, but mostly I like to use machines. Free weights and running outside is a bit boring to me, although I should do those a bit more. Cardio machines are the moment I catch up with my podcasts, so those are always fun.

Comment

Resumed Insanity.

Two days ago it was Cardio Power and Resistance. KILLED IT.
                Yesterday was Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Fuck your prolonged plank pose, Shaun T.

Today was 30 minutes of yoga: seated twist so I could stretch out piriformis, my hip flexors, and my calves who loathe me.

Tonight, I shall dance like a fool at a friend's wedding.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Well, here I go. With the urging of my wife as well as my own desire to do so, I'm going to be headed back to the gym. It's been at least six months since I've gone, and to be honest, I need it. I've been down on myself in general, and feel like I don't have the energy to do much of anything at all. Add in there a family history of heart disease and high cholesterol, there's no time like the present to get that under control.

Tomorrow's the day. Going to start off slow, just a couple of days a week, then try to get myself back up to five days like I used to do. Wish me luck!

Comment

After recovering from a back injury, I ran 3.1ish mi yesterday in 27:18. Gonna run a 5K this upcoming Saturday. Hope I get a better time.

Comment

Been exercising lately. Today I walked 1.1 miles. Couple of days ago I went walking with a work out buddy and think we walked 2 miles.

Comment

And it goes dead for months again. After the insistence of my brother wanting to cycle on Sundays, I've picked up cycling. At first it was just the 12mi. Then that same week I started biking to work from my brothers house, which ain't but a half mile there. Now I ride around a little before and after work and ride around town for a couple hours on Sundays when my brother doesn't ride. I haven't ran a lot since I started, but I think its a good trade. I'm fairly certain 20mi wouldn't be that big a deal anymore now.

Let's hear from everyone else. We still being active?

Comment

I'm debating starting up the MMA TapouT XT set again once I'm not so sunburnt, but other than that, I've been too busy at work to even consider it

My schedule goes as thus: Get up, shower, dress, go to work, run myself ragged, get home, *maybe* eat, pass out, start schedule over again.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've never actually done any of those workout videos. My brother did the Insanity thing for about a month, but failed it. My diet doesn't really fit too well with those Insanity and P90X things.

Comment

I used to use the tae bo vids, which worked great for me to help me lose weight, but from how far I did get into the tapout one, it really is a decent series. My only problem is I've gotta build back into it because of my back and my scoliosis. I can't just jump into it head first or I'll royally mess myself up
                              sigpic

Comment

I rarely have time to work out anymore...so, instead, I have mini-workouts. About 10-15 minutes 4-6 times through the day. 2 of them are usually walking at work, one is generally calesthenics with my daughter to get her to practice for gymnastics, the rest are usually walking or jogging with the kids or yoga at work. Once or twice a week, I play tennis...and (more importantly) its getting to be SWIMMING SEASON!!!

I have a membership to a gym...I should try to find the time to go.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X