This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I looked into getting a membership to Anytime Fitness. Their monthly fee ain't bad, its just the 191 enrollment fee that I can't get by. I haven't played tennis in years unfortunately. My friends can't or won't play so they suck. I didn't do any real swimming, but I got plenty of exercise playing with my nieces and nephews the others a week or so ago. Earlier that day I rode 20mi with my brother on our bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal_Dragon View Post
      I looked into getting a membership to Anytime Fitness. Their monthly fee ain't bad, its just the 191 enrollment fee that I can't get by. I haven't played tennis in years unfortunately. My friends can't or won't play so they suck. I didn't do any real swimming, but I got plenty of exercise playing with my nieces and nephews the others a week or so ago. Earlier that day I rode 20mi with my brother on our bikes.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEUI76DmDQ
      try looking up and seeing if there's a Planet Fitness near by where you're at. Sign up is only $40 per year, and its at the max plan $20 a month-and most are open 24 hours
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

Nope, nearest on is 60mi away. I am looking into a new job so if the one I applied for up there answers back I may get to after all.

Comment

Good luck on finding a gym, my Husband and I cheated we turned our living room in to one (but I appreciate that is not practical for everyone ^_^). I love it we train six days a week and it has done us both the world of good, been at it now for just over a year and a half. I have hit a bit of a plateau I am trying to build muscle but I seem to have turned out to be a bit of a hard gainer not the end of the world though, just means I have to work at it a little bit harder.
          When life hands you lemons make lemonade and find someone else who life handed them vodka and have a party.

Comment

I've been biking everywhere recently. Most trips aren't but a couple miles, but on Tuesdays I ride with a fella who owns a bike shop and so far its been 15+mi. The last one was 27mi and the Sunday before that I decided to go for a ride and went 24mi. I hoping to extend that to where I can make trips between towns soon. My waist can fit into a smaller size britches, but my legs are tight with the ones I have if I buy regular fit ones. I've more or less given up on the idea of a gym right now. There's one for 45 a month, but that's just out of my price range for the time being.

Comment

I'm going to pretend that the 15 minutes of hula-hooping I do in the parking garage at work is a workout.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                I'm going to pretend that the 15 minutes of hula-hooping I do in the parking garage at work is a workout.
                I can't even hula hoop anymore
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

On the off chance I go to GypsySeaWitch's house and play wii fit I don't play with the hula hoop. Although she can go crazy with keep it going for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    I'd qualify that as a workout....I can't do it.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I used to go on daily walks of over a mile. Nothing earth-shattering or fantabulous, but hey, it was exercise, and did me good. Especially since my back tends to restrict some of the types of exercises I can do.

I got lazy and stopped for almost a year.

With this post, am resolving to start again.

Comment

I'm so excited... After years of battling with my weight because of my heavy thighs (the rest of my body is slight, so I end up underweight if I try to make my thighs slimmer with diets.. although that hasn't stopped me habitually under eating for most of my adult life), I've finally found a miracle cure of sorts. I'm on my phone so can't share it, but I found a video on YouTube that was a clip from a Japanese TV show. There was a girl with a similar problem to me, and they showed a photo of her before she lost the weight. She was self conscious about her chest, so didn't want to diet and work out so much that she lost her boobs. So she did this thing where she crossed one leg behind the other, and also held a book between her legs (not at the same time). It seemed too good to be true and her 'after' legs were actually very, very skinny.. way thinner than mine could ever get, because I've heavy boned. Still, I couldn't help but try it myself. I started 2 weeks ago and already my thighs look like they do when I've been on a crash diet (I always go on a low cal diet before the Christmas party season, and before weddings and so on)..

I hope this marks the end of this constant battle wth my weight. I might even start upping my calories to see if they'll go to my boobs! Worth a try...
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So is it like, targeted strength training? I can't picture it lol.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            So is it like, targeted strength training? I can't picture it lol.
                            I'm at home now and found the video!

It isn't subbed but I think you can follow it from the images. I don't catch everything when I watch Japanese TV, but if there's anything specific you'd like to know feel free to ask.

They claim it works because the posture, and the fact you have to hold your balance, works all the muscles down your thighs, without adding bulk.

It does look too good to be true, but like I said, it really appears to be working. Not quickly mind you, I've only lost just over 1cm from each thigh in 2 weeks, but the overall shape and appearance looks better. I even have that sought after 'gap', which I usually only get from practically starving myself for weeks. So slow as it may be, I'm really optimistic.

I've picked up so many awesome beauty tips from watching Japanese tutorials and tv shows. I should really share them all sometime.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

[QUOTE="Jembru;164659"]
                              They claim it works because the posture, and the fact you have to hold your balance, works all the muscles down your thighs, without adding bulk.[\quote]

I havent watched it (internet here sucks) but it sounds about right, targeted muscle work.

It does look too good to be true, but like I said, it really appears to be working. Not quickly mind you, I've only lost just over 1cm from each thigh in 2 weeks, but the overall shape and appearance looks better. I even have that sought after 'gap', which I usually only get from practically starving myself for weeks. So slow as it may be, I'm really optimistic.
                              1 cm in 2 weeks is amazing progress! Keep it up!

I'm really glad its working.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

So.. I actually haven't lost much more from my thighs so far. I'm slightly disappointed after such a strong start, but I'm not going to give up. The strange thing though, is that exactly like the lady in the video said happened.. my boobs are growing! They've been sore, maybe because it's that time of the month, but it could also be because they're changing. They're definitely larger. I've gone up a cup size!

I have slightly increased my calorie intake. Or at least, I haven't reduced it as I usually do when I'm trying to control my weight. So I'm thinking that while my legs haven't gotten much thinner, the exercises are stopping my body from dumping fat around my thighs, so it's dumping it at my boobs instead! The overall shape of my legs is better for sure and I my buttocks are defying gravity now! So I've definitely improved muscle tone, which will have improved my metabolism.

This regime is so easy to stick to. No starving myself, no excessive exercise.. in fact, even as I type this I'm sitting with a book between my knees (this has definitely helped to create a little gap between my thighs, which makes my legs look better in short skirts).

The only thing I can't understand is why my arms haven't gotten any bigger. I am susceptible to a bit of bingo-wing if I gain even a few pounds usually. So you'd think that if my body can't lay down fat at my thighs so easily it would be dumping it on my arms, yet they're actually pretty slim right now. It is literally just my boobs that are taking all the extra fat.. and you know, I'm not complaining! ^^

All the same, I can't help but hope that after a while, my thighs will start slimming down a bit more. I've decided to increase how long I hold the pose for. The lady in the video suggests 20 seconds, but I was often just holding for around 10 seconds each side. So I'm trying to hold for 30 seconds to see if that increases the weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X