• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

job is a measure for earn money ,
    sports is entertainment for our life.

Comment

Well I ran my first 5K today. It was a bit easier than I thought it would be. I got 51st out of 151. My calves were on fire when I finally stopped and my legs have been protesting moving all day. Its the first time I'd ran anything more than 2mi nonstop. My brother ran today too, but he can run a lot faster than I can so I lost track of him just shy of the mile mark. Now I can't wait for the next 5K to see how much better I can get though.

Comment

I should be working out. But I bought a new video game and I haven't gone to the gym in a week. Bad me!

Mostly art.

Comment

Nothing new to say, but I have an anecdote I'd like to share. Last week while I was getting out of the pool, a class of school children finished their lesson and were going back to their changing room. I was showering and as they walked past me, they were really gawping. It was the most uncomfortable feeling. there I was, feeling bad enough in my costume (I'm a get out and get into a towel as fast as possible kinda gal), when an entire class of kids were glaring at me. I felt quite angry actually, that the kids weren't being corrected.

The next day, I went in the bath and washed my hair. The horror came when I realised that there was still hair dye from when I had died it at the weekend. I dye my hair black and it takes loads of washes to get it all out. I realised that the foam was dark enough, that when I was washing my hair at the pool, there must have been what looked like purple alien blood running down my face and body.. those poor kids ^^
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I've been belly dancing 4 times a week, for 3 weeks now ^_^ I have a "Belly Dance Rhythms Workout" DVD and it gets me sweating! It gives me a nice workout, teaches me how to dance, and it's fun, I love it :-)

Comment

Ran another 5K today. Felt a lot better than last time. Later in the day after I ran my first one my foot started hurting, but this time I feel great. I pushed my limits last time and got better this time. I shaved 2 minutes off my time. Gonna run another one tomorrow morning.

Comment

I had to cancel my gym membership because i couldnt afford to keep it, and i had issues with work where i'd be asked to do overtime and start at 7am (i work until 6pm and usually start at 8:30am) for 2 weeks, so i would freeze my membership (you had to freeze for a minimum of 1 month) then 2 days after i froze it she'd say back to normal time. Then i'd unfreeze it and a week later i'd be starting at 7 again. And I know, i only work until 6, why cant i go after you say? the gym gets busy at tea time/after work, and after working 10hrs im bloody knackered.

Anyways, I dont know what exercise i can do for free. I cant get a work out dvd because i live in the attic of a house that has a baby living in it, who happens to be right under my room. I dont feel comfortable jogging or running in a park or on the streets. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                  I had to cancel my gym membership because i couldnt afford to keep it, and i had issues with work where i'd be asked to do overtime and start at 7am (i work until 6pm and usually start at 8:30am) for 2 weeks, so i would freeze my membership (you had to freeze for a minimum of 1 month) then 2 days after i froze it she'd say back to normal time. Then i'd unfreeze it and a week later i'd be starting at 7 again. And I know, i only work until 6, why cant i go after you say? the gym gets busy at tea time/after work, and after working 10hrs im bloody knackered.

Anyways, I dont know what exercise i can do for free. I cant get a work out dvd because i live in the attic of a house that has a baby living in it, who happens to be right under my room. I dont feel comfortable jogging or running in a park or on the streets. Any ideas?
                  I have a chair routine I can do at work. I created it myself because I used to do proper aerobics in the living room, but never knew what I would do if someone came in, as two of our residents are prone to pop down for a cup of tea or glass of water through the night.

Amy Childs made a short 3 part series of workout sessions where they do sets of 100 reps by doing 40 then a short break (or switch sides), 30, 20 then 10. It is quite hard but a great workout. Much of it is arms and I can do my sets of 100 while sitting in a chair, by borrowing the weights off the kitchen scales! You can also use the chair to do tricep dips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0326dy_-CzM which is great for toning up bingo wings.

I can also do crunches in my armchair! You sit up straight and bend your knees at right angles, then pull your legs up to your chest. I do two versions. one where I straighten the legs out in front of me then bring my knees back up to my chest, and another where I keep the knees bent. You really do feel this in your stomach and 100 of each kind.. well it's a workout all right!

There is one more.. it looks kind of weird, but with my legs together I bend my knees and put my feet together, side by side but touching. Then I open my knees as far apart as I can, but keeping my feet together. I then bring the knees back together again. I do these little butterfly wings for the 40, 30, 20, 10 and it helps to tone up the inner thigh, which is a problem area for me!

I have no idea if this will help or not but thought it was worth telling you, as I too have trouble with space!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanks Jem! I'll bear those in mind to add into my workout, i cant really use the living room because im essentially a lodger in my friends house, and her, her boyf and baby spend most of their time in the living room. So ive only really got my room. But i can do the chair exercises on my bed or something. I might have to see if i can find a cheap 2nd hand bike and go cycling at weekends.

Comment

Think me thighs are losing their tone. My weight hasn't changed, but my legs look vile again (they neve look good, just less offensive sometimes), so I've been doing 'buns and thighs' from FitTV. Really great workout but hard work and my thights are shaking now ^^

Comment

My Husband and I weight train three times a week, and I add an abdominal work out once a week to that.

We have our own weight set up, nothing fancy just a free weights, we have both been training since September and we are already seeing some positive results.

One good thing about us both doing it is that sticking to a clean diet is a lot easier. I have been quit enjoying learning to create different things with whey protein.
                        When life hands you lemons make lemonade and find someone else who life handed them vodka and have a party.

Comment

going to the gym for the first time in a month and a half...

I'mma hurt later.

Mostly art.

Comment

I just joined Centra State Fitness Center by my house, right by the Centra State hospital, in Freehold ,NJ. The gym I used to go to was too small and it didn't have a pool. Centra State have over 170 classes, three pools and lots of machines. Yesterday I did 25 minutes on the eliptical. I wanted to try the warm water pool because it can help with my Fibromyalgia. They also have a nurse there. Even my dad joined. I am so happy with this place.
                            -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Right then, this threads been lagging a bit. I am in my third week of getting back to running. The other day it was like 38 degrees or so and I was able to run 2mi in 18:55. Today it got pushed back to 19:25 because the temperature went up about ten or so degrees. Reincorporated the pushups and everything else I was doing in my workout now that I'm used to it again. My goal is 2mi in 16mins. Thats the best I've been able to do and that was when I was in the Army. My plan is to lose weight, but I'm gonna keep it a surprise until I give plasma again. That's when I normally find out how much I weigh. Anyways how have the rest of yall been getting on with yalls workouts?

Comment

Haven't been in a month. Been trying to make myself go since I got back home last week, and...

I'm a lazy ass. Gonna try and make myself go in the morning, but I said that yesterday, and the day before, and the day before...

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X