X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

Originally posted by significadoname View Post
    Should I go back to swimming after a whole year?
    YES! It's seriously one of the best all over body workouts!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Wish I could take my shirt off to swim without causing people to recoil in horror.

Beat the living hell out of my 80lb heavy bag today (well, yesterday). That's about it.
      "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
      -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
      without his weapons of war;
      for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
      of a spear on the way without.
      -

Comment

Thought I'd try a boxing class some people I know organize. One and a half hours and it totally kicked my upper body's ass (my lower body is in awesome shape). I cycled there and back (half an hour each way) as well. I'll go back though!

Comment

40 minutes of swimming done.

Comment

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
            -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

Wouldn't it be more like Captain Sobel?

Curahee!!!! Three miles up! Three miles down! Hi! Hooooo! Silveeeeer!

6 miles is what I do at least once a week.
              Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 05 Jul 2011, 22:38.

Comment

I mostly concentrate on weights. I have a certain hatred of cardio. That said, I think I'm going to make sure I jog a mile a day at least from now on. I can literally feel the new muscle, and my biceps are massive compared to what they were, but I haven't lost very much fat at all...
                -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

Did some yoga in the pool. Feels easier that way.
                  sigpic

Comment

60 minutes of swimming and finally another pound gone!

Comment

TurboFire kicked my ass yesterday! I am so freakin' sore.

Comment

Cycled to meet my friend, just over 45 minutes each way...and I was late so I pedaled harder

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Originally posted by Thjoth View Post
                        I mostly concentrate on weights. I have a certain hatred of cardio. That said, I think I'm going to make sure I jog a mile a day at least from now on. I can literally feel the new muscle, and my biceps are massive compared to what they were, but I haven't lost very much fat at all...
                        I hate jogging too. I HATE it. but there are loads of different kinds of cardio! I cycle and am going to start rollerblading, and others swim, dance (not just for girls!)....all sorts of stuff!

I'd love to swim occasionally but they keep the pools far too cold in Germany! I can't move when I'm cold and I can't get warm if I'm in a pool of cool water. It's probably refreshing for most people but I'm weird.

Comment

Yeah, I've got some cardio built into my weight routine but it's not really that much. It involves swinging a 16kg kettlebell around with wrapped fists (as explained by these very English gentlemen), then beating the hell out of the heavy bag for two minutes, and then swinging the weight around again. Usually the pattern goes 15 swings, 2 minutes of boxing, 15 swings, rest a couple minutes, repeat five times. 15 swings doesn't seem like a lot, but it gets your heart going like you wouldn't believe, especially with the wraps on so that you have to grip the bell more with your fingers than anything.

Unfortunately, since I really hate cardio, I only do that routine once every week or two Maybe instead of jogging I'll just do that every morning? Maybe modify it to remove the need for a heavy bag and just do it in my bedroom...literally just wake up and grab the kettlebell immediately...
                          -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

TurboFire....25 minutes of the 55 minute EZ class. Pathethic, but this is brutal. I'll get there.

Comment

Boxing class tonight....a little easier than last week!

One and a half hours.

Comment

First Monday in forever I got my butt to the gym before work. I only did 30 minutes. But that's all I need a day!
                                AND I LOST ANOTHER POUND!

Comment

Working...
                                X