This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

Okay....I'm gathering inspiration from this thread....inspire...yes, indeed...inspiration!

Cleaning my house counts, right?
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=227.msg6031#msg6031 date=1287853386]
      Okay....I'm gathering inspiration from this thread....inspire...yes, indeed...inspiration!

[/quote]

“You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=227.msg6031#msg6031 date=1287853386]
        [/quote]

YES, cleaning the house counts, so does raking the leaves, shovelling the snow and playing with the kids.

I haven't been on the elliptical for a week or so, but I continue to go to yoga and do free weights.
        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Currently, I'm only allowed to walk because I had a spinal fusion several months ago. I go in for my final assessment in 2 weeks and I'm hoping the doc gives me the thumbs up to go back to the gym.

Today I walked 3 miles.

Comment

I run, The last time i ran was about 3-4 weeks back and i did 15-16 miles i intend to get running again this week, should be fun XD

x
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I got back into runnin yesterday. I go back and forth from runnin for about a month or so and then not doin anything for a bit. I got my brother runnin with too; makes me wanna workout more often since I got someone runnin with me. I blew up my bike tir the other day too. I wasn't payin attention to the tire, just left the compressor on there for a few seconds and boom. So I had to get another inner tube. Thats a surprisin thing to happen when your face is right next to it.

Comment

Treadmill 45 minutes at 2.3 miles.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=227.msg6056#msg6056 date=1287858155]
                  http://www.fitday.com/webfit/burned/...n_general.html
                  [/quote]
                  Hey, not bad! 181 cal per hour! Woot!
                  Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Biggest thing imo is watching what you eat and keep moving. You don't have to go out of your way to a gym with fancy machines to work out, incorporate movement into your everyday life. Take a 20min walk to relax everyday, walk to school/work if you're able, limit the time you're sitting down in one spot for less than 3 hours if able, somewhere around there is when you're metabolism starts to slow down or something I heard. Then if you actually want to lose more than 5 lbs of weight and keep it off, you can make the time to "workout", though I still don't feel the need to go to a gym. I'll run outside when I feel like it, and do pushups and situps, squats and whatnot! Listen to your body and feel whats going on ;o

Just how I view working out; shouldn't have to pay to "workout". And on that note, I'm going to go for a nice long walk!

Comment

I ride my bike 15+ miles per day... until about a week and a half ago... then I bought a car... and the novelty of having a car has caused me to slack on my cycling... gotta get back on two wheels very soon, though... I miss it.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Does sex count? ;D

Comment

Treadmill 45 minutes/2 miles!
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Walked to work and back ... 60 feet ...
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I started doing yoga this autumn and I find it kinda fun. I attend to two different courses per week (ashtanga and hatha) and both are one hour long. I should also start jogging again... I always start it, go on for awhile and then get a flu or something like that and never continue after recovering. Hopeless...

PS. This HeiaHeia website makes exercising also quite fun, when you actually wait to be able to add new icon to your training log.. xD And it's also somewhat motivating to see how much your friends do..

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=227.msg8154#msg8154 date=1288384903]
                                I started doing yoga this autumn and I find it kinda fun. I attend to two different courses per week (ashtanga and hatha) and both are one hour long. I should also start jogging again... I always start it, go on for awhile and then get a flu or something like that and never continue after recovering. Hopeless...

PS. This HeiaHeia website makes exercising also quite fun, when you actually wait to be able to add new icon to your training log.. xD And it's also somewhat motivating to see how much your friends do..
                                [/quote]

That's a really cool website, I might have to join.

I've only worked out twice in the last month (unless sex counts...) because I've jumped from illness to illness. On Monday, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things again, and on Tuesday, I think I might brave AQUASIZE again!
                                “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X