Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Working it out!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

Re: Working it out!

Ha I have a new personal best for the 2mi. Decided to push myself today and got 16:26. That beats my old time of when I was in the Army trying to get out of basic. And there were several hills so if I ever tried to run it like I did in the Army(relatively flat ground) I could shave off 30secs or more. Me and my older brother have a bit of friendly competition and I have the record for this current course. He runs on the treadmill so I have a one-up on him when he decides to run with my outside. I say course but its just 2mi measured out in town.

When I got up to 300lbs just about 3yrs ago thats when I decided I was gonna start running again. I haven't lost as much weight as you Monk, but I know I like it a lot more now that I'm only 250. I have a pair of 36s that when I finally fit back in em I was amazed and extremely happy. I'm still working on losing a bit more weight, but its not a top priority. Nows its more of a side effect hahaha.

Hows the rest of yall doing?

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Woke up this morning feeling like I had two options in the world: work out, or jump off a bridge due to depression. So...I dragged my sorry ass to the gym, and I did 30 minutes of cardio with a heartrate of 170 the entire time. I told that elliptical trainer who was boss. And then I lifted heavy weights for another 40 minutes until everything hurt.

Once my body felt like it was falling apart, my insides felt better, and I went on with my day.

...but I'm going to hurt tomorrow.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

May 2013
    Religion
    We are all part of the same universal energy

I really do need to kick my butt back into my gym. Been difficult with the new routine since changing jobs - so much harder to get motivated in the evening after work when I used to train before work.

Banned!
    May 2013
    Religion
    Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstuff View Post
    I really do need to kick my butt back into my gym. Been difficult with the new routine since changing jobs - so much harder to get motivated in the evening after work when I used to train before work.
    Me too. I've got to find my motivation again.

Apr 2013

trying to get stronger than any ass holes who want to start a fight is good motivation i think...lol.
    i did 160 push ups in 40 minutes the other day doing 20 push ups every 5 minutes. gonna go for 200 in a couple days
    woo

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

I'm kinda a stickler for routine. So when any part of it changes I fall out of pace and it takes a bit to get back into it. My main problem recently was what time I ate before I went to work. I normally run after work and so I like to eat right at 2 in the afternoon. I was someones ride to work in the mornings for a while and I just couldn't get the routine in. But I'm no longer their ride so my routine is back like it was.

May 2013
    Religion

Yes I need routine too and try as I might, I can't get used to doing gym stuff in the evenings. Getting up at 4am to do it before work is not an option though...

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

I never did like the gym. Its ok for the weights and what not but as far as the treadmill goes, I like to actually be moving forward and have the scenary change.

May 2013
    Religion

I don't do treadmills and other boring things, except as a ten minute warm up. I do weights, yoga, and cycling. Been out on a bike ride tonight - really didn't want to but pushed through and did it

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Celtic Polytheism
    Phrase
    Stories are some of the best things in the world.

I was supposed to start my diet again today (as in, I'm trying to get back on track). And then I bought a tub of ice cream. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I start over :/

And tomorrow I get my bike, so exercise routine can start up again as well