Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Working it out!

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Re: Working it out!

I haven't been posting in here much, but I've started the SportMedBC's RunWalk program (it's the program they use to train people for the Vancouver Sun Run). I've just finished week 3 of training, and it's been awesome so far. Three times a week, I go for a run, but it's all interval training, with the intervals getting longer each week, and alternating between running and walking at a reasonable pace. I've never successfully run in my life, so I'm really excited that this has so far not bothered my knees. I don't know if I will make it to 10K (background: two knee surgeries in the last 15 years, and I'm supposed to 'never run again'). But yeah. Even 5K I'd be happy with. Just to be able to go out and run for an hour. If it goes really well, I'll entertain working up to half-marathon, and then marathon distances, but if I can never run more than 5K, that'd be okay. Just to be able to run without pain would be amazing.

And then I try to alternate the days with yoga, aquafit, and climbing. Basically I'm unemployed until I finish this move, so...gotta fill my days somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanwood View Post
    And I love how much more food I can eat when I do it. A girl's gotta have priorities.
    With the Christmas season coming on, I have a tendency to make fudges, and cookies, and things like that because giving people cookies is cheaper than buying actual gifts (and because...cookies!), but because of this, and the invariable fact that I will be eating some of these things, my partner and I have decided to enforce a cookie:workout ratio. For every piece of fudge we eat, or every cookie, we have to do either 5 pull-ups, or 5 minutes of cardio. So...if I wanna sit in my jammies and eat a dozen little christmas cookies, I'm going to have an hour run to look forward to, or 60 pull-ups...

It's like a win:win punishment for everyone. I love cookies, AND I love exercise.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

This past Sunday me and my brother ran a half-marathon distance. We ran the course for the upcoming half-marathon come December 21. Soon as the sun went down my arms started to get numb though. It took us 2:22:?? to finish, but the last 2mi were pretty easy knowing the end was near. That night I felt fine, but the next day my quads were extremely sore. Fortunately that soreness only lasted a couple days. If I can come up with the funds I'll probably run on the 21st too.

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    but because of this, and the invariable fact that I will be eating some of these things, my partner and I have decided to enforce a cookie:workout ratio. For every piece of fudge we eat, or every cookie, we have to do either 5 pull-ups, or 5 minutes of cardio. So...if I wanna sit in my jammies and eat a dozen little christmas cookies, I'm going to have an hour run to look forward to, or 60 pull-ups...
    I used to do that when I was reading comics online.

Jun 2006
    Religion
    Hedge Pantheism
    Phrase
    Whatever satisfies the soul is the truth

Today I was tired, cranky and didn't want to do anything....so I went downstairs and added weight to all my standards and kicked the hell out of myself.

RAWR

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

Yeah after that last post in November I didn't run but one 6mi run in early December. I've taken the winter off and it is hurting getting back into it. I was running 3.1mi in 23 minutes. Now thats been upped to 26:30. And my knee has been giving me hell.

How's everyone elses workouts been coming? It seems like everyone's taking the winter off.

Apr 2012
    Religion
    eclectic Heathen
    Phrase
    Its not about finding the "right path" but more so finding the path that's right for you

I'm actually starting my workout up with the winter. With next month's payment on my credit card I'm starting up a gym membership so I'll have the excuse to work out. (I'm paying for it, better use it thought process lol)
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Asatru

I can't bring myself to use my money for a membership. But good luck

Apr 2012
    Religion
    eclectic Heathen
    Phrase
    Its not about finding the "right path" but more so finding the path that's right for you

I've gotta use the card or I get a fine each month that I dont-so a $10 charge of a gym membership to a place that's open 24 hours during the week is kinda worth it. Means I can go work out during those nights where I cant sleep for anything
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress

5 km jogging did this with a cold weather.. Feels good after...

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Militant Atheist. The Satanic Temple.

Yoga. Moving. They kinda go hand in hand. My GOD I have some heavy books. Good thing I know how to lift with my back.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Left-handed Path; LHP

I haven't done anything in months, winter sucks. I'm going to be getting into gymnastics though! something I've always wanted to do, that and I don't like lifting weights so this will compensate.