X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

[quote author=Tetsuya link=topic=227.msg16193#msg16193 date=1290462935]
    I ride my bike about 3 miles almost every morning. I miss 1-2 days every week. No goal just something to get me active since my job I just stand there and do nothing all night from 10 pm til 6 am and I sleep alot during the day.
    [/quote]

I repeat myself, it seems... but I put in a 15 mile per day minimum on my bicycle.

I am training for a 100 mile race in February.

I intend to compete, not just finish.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=227.msg16828#msg16828 date=1290613879]
      I went through my videos and discovered that my only exercise videos I haven't sold are Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease....I'm going to either need to get some new videos, or exercise after the kids are in bed :P
      [/quote]

I don't know if you are that lucky where you are, but the library here had quite the collection of workout videos.

Also, if you look around online, there are some good calisthenic exercise lists that you can do periodically through out the day. A friend of mine sets a timer for some weird time--like 48 minutes or something, and every time it goes off, she does 5 minutes of one of the exercises on her list.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=227.msg16838#msg16838 date=1290614631]
        I don't know if you are that lucky where you are, but the library here had quite the collection of workout videos.

Also, if you look around online, there are some good calisthenic exercise lists that you can do periodically through out the day. A friend of mine sets a timer for some weird time--like 48 minutes or something, and every time it goes off, she does 5 minutes of one of the exercises on her list.

[/quote]

Thanks Thal!

I was heading to the library this afternoon, so perfect time to see if they do

I have NO idea what calisthenic exercises are...
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=227.msg16835#msg16835 date=1290614391]
          I repeat myself, it seems... but I put in a 15 mile per day minimum on my bicycle.

I am training for a 100 mile race in February.

I intend to compete, not just finish.
          [/quote]

Jealous. I was training for something similar...but then my bike got stolen. So much for that.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=227.msg16828#msg16828 date=1290613879]
            Now that we're dealing with snow and wind for the next few month, no more walks.

I went through my videos and discovered that my only exercise videos I haven't sold are Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease....I'm going to either need to get some new videos, or exercise after the kids are in bed :P
            [/quote]
            You can rent dvds at the library or try netflix instant. They have workout videos there as well.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=227.msg16839#msg16839 date=1290615043]
              I have NO idea what calisthenic exercises are...
              [/quote]

Calisthenics are repetitive exercises like push-ups, sit ups, squats, etc...they are nice because they don't require *stuff* and they tone muscle and can be cardio intensive, depending on what you are doing, and how long you are doing it.

Mountain Climbers*
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjdc2QVRUQ[/youtube]

8-count Body Builders (my personal favorite when I'm in shape, and my least fave when I'm not)*
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQT-wZdP28[/youtube]

squat jumps
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iE3I9EnX7A[/youtube]

divebombers*
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkVANLvy5H0[/youtube]

lunges and lunge variations
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z05Zv-9-Rk&feature=related[/youtube]

awesome lungy-squat combo thingy
              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqoP5FONRj8&feature=related[/youtube]

*popular in boot camp

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Ah...hahaha....I just wasn't familiar with the term! That is an awesome post, Thal! Thank you and +1!!!
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

^ty chica!

And I must say that I am super-duper proud of myself...I ellipticalled for 20 min and biked for 20 (my back decided to do the spasming thing at the 17 min mark on the elliptical, so I had to switch)...and tonight the plan is for some good stretching and yoga.

I think I might start getting back into doing regular calisthenics each evening--there are some awesome pilates leg exercises that I found on youtube.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spent 3 hours at the gym tonight. Not sure how time flew that way....in my defense, an hour and a half of it was a yoga class. Either way, I don't think I should go tomorrow...

Mostly art.

Comment

I did some running today proud of it, managed to get a couple of miles done
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I got sick this weekend, so I took a couple of unscheduled days of rest. Still not feeling 100%, but the plan for today is to do SOMETHING. Even if it's a 10 minute walk. I will get up and move today.

Comment

I have been stagnant lately. But tonight I think it is back on the wii-fit with me.
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Took a couple days off due to a pulled hamstring (apparently, I shouldn't go to the gym for three hours straight...) ...but going today after I clean my house up a bit.

Then, yoga tomorrow night!

Mostly art.

Comment

I did an hour on the Nordic Track last night, despite being sick. It actually made me feel better, temporarily. As soon as I laid down to sleep I felt like crap again. I guess I need to elevate my head? Poor sinuses!

Comment

Ice skating home from school burns more than you'd expect XD
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X