Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Working it out!

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Re: Working it out!

Just remind yourself that muscle is much much heavier then fat is. So as you go you going to start building muscle and that will cause a little weight gain. But your kickin ass and taken names and don't let that worry. Keep rocking out ma'am!!!!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post
    Amazingly, even though I'm focusing only on my physical health, instead of trying to force my body into a shape it doesn't want to be, I'm actually within my weight comfort-zone at 7.6 stone (106lb). Not that I'm letting myself stand on the scales too often. That was the first time I'd weighed myself in about 2 months. Considering that at my very worst points, I could check the scale 5 or 6 times a day, I think I'm doing okay! I'm a bit worried about how I'll react if/when my weight reaches 8 stone though. That is still well within a healthy BMI for me, but that's the weight I always had a fear of reaching. That'll be the biggest test of how far I've come I guess.
    Jembru, I listened to a podcast recently called 'Women, food, and God' you might enjoy. It's an interview with Geneen Roth who applied a Buddhist outlook on wellness and body image. In the interview, she touches on moving past the restrictions of 'ideal.' It goes for about 45 min. I'll find the link.

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Wow, thanks for that! I'll check that out right away. I love listening to stuff like this anyway, so it's ideal for me.

Also, thanks for the encouragement Kaylnraye. I'll try to keep that in mind!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Oct 2010
    Religion

Well, I enjoyed the podcast, thank you! One thing though.. her 'guidelines' are almost an exact copy of those in Paul McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin'.. I wonder if one has ripped off the other, or if they're just logical conclusions?

Seriously.. I mean, it's like a carbon copy of Paul's rules.

Sorry for the slight derail there everyone.

Edit: And for the double post. I thought it would merge this with the one above.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I went swimming this evening. Still trying to unknot the left side of my body after my fall. I'm super sleeeeepy. yay.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Norse Pagan (self taught - looking for more traditions)

50 Sit ups every day (to at least slow my gut)
    walk dogs 3-4 times a week
    free weights 5 times a week
    sword drill for 40 mins 3 times a week again soon (I hope) can't do anything that might vibrate my skull since surgery or the clots fall out really disgusting when that happens
    Hoping to rip out my garden in half hour blocks soon too (See above)
    Still afraid I'm not doing enough (Although my gut IS receding - slowly)
    I dont weigh myself - no point If I go by the BMI I'd have to drop to 70-75 kilos - and last time I was that I was skin and bones - when I exercise I put on muscle and weight - prolly be 85- 87 by the time I get the gut gone (About 80 atm) I put on fat when i lose muscle mass and I need a fair amount of strength in case I have to go back to pub security.

Oct 2010
    Religion

I've recently taken up Irish step dancing. I saw people doing it on TV and thought for someone who tends to have bulky thighs it would be ideal exercise. How right I was! It isn't just kicking. You point your toes like in ballet and stand with the feet turned out so that your legs are constantly twisting from the thigh and flexing. Add to that the aerobic aspect and you have a lovely little workout for muscular legs! My inner thigh in particular seems to be working hard because I ache a bit when I first wake up.

It's addictive too. Every now and then almost mindlessly, I'm getting up and practicing my steps. Just a few minutes is enough to get me out of breath too! So glad I stumbled on this.