Discuss your plot- your novel reveiw and suggestion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discuss your plot- your novel reveiw and suggestion thread

Are you writting a book? if so give a breif overveiw of the plot and everyone can tell you what they think of it and/or make suggestions. well thats about it give eachother tips and constructive critisism or simple praise.
    Circe

Re: Discuss your plot- your novel reveiw and suggestion thread

I'm writing a novel right now. It's been about three years since I started it.

It's a fantasy novel focusing around a WWI-esque technology setting. The main character is Spirik Voldar (sometimes called Argenstock), a man from ancient times using the magic-system his people practiced. After breaking one of the most important laws of his ancient practice, he time travels to the main setting after being instructed by a Goddess in a dream. There, he teams up with a man of the wild (and the son of a God of the wilderness) called the Fasuvahl (nicknamed Bargolwash), a modern gun-lover named Malikai, and a man who's memories are plagued with the knowledge of everything named Hantorn, to stop the dictator hell-bent on achieving immortality--and it dangerously close to achieving it. (The reason that Spirik is trying to stop the dictator is that he thinks it'll redeem him of the breaking of the law. The law in which he broke is a bit complicated, so I don't think I'll explain it just yet.)
    The dictator sends one of his least favorite army commanders--a man called Floggs Kaltrop--to hunt Spirik Voldar down. As he hunts Spirik and company down with his partner and ex-lover Leslin, Kaltrop's long-given up hopes of escaping the oppressed nation rekindles, finding hope in the very people he's trying to stop. But things get even more complicated when things start going down the tube.
    Yeah, I hope that's not TOO confusing. lol. It get's a bit simpler and/or complicated (I thought that made sense at first), and there's a bit more time traveling, paradoxes, prophecies, Gods, secrets, intertwined pasts, and all that jazz. wootwoot.

Oh, forgot the title. It's called "Argenstock."
    I wrote the first draft in 08 or 09, had the idea floating around a few years before that, and I'm halfwayish through the rewrite.
    Last edited by Branflakes; 14 Feb 2011, 18:06.

Comment

Working...
    X