This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    Well it's only part of me... but got my first tattoo today On the inside of my right arm. I made the template myself, so it's my own 'handwriting', and I only have myself to blame for Ehwaz being very slightly out of place!
    I still love it. I just love looking at it. So. Much. Love.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: what do you look like right now?

Aww thanks guys. Heka, next time you're in Adelaide you can come see it in person

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        Aww thanks guys. Heka, next time you're in Adelaide you can come see it in person
        I am so down for this. I'm there a week or so in January. But no car 😕

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I dyed my hair for festivus

ForumRunner_20161225_200545.jpg

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

This is what the miniature version of me looks like.

Comment

This is what I looked like last month, on my 30th birthday. In Amsterdam.
              Attached Files

Mostly art.

Comment

Nvm I figured it out
                Last edited by EndlessCravings; 27 Dec 2016, 15:52.
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  This is what I looked like last month, on my 30th birthday. In Amsterdam.
                  I love those dreads

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    I love those dreads
                    Thanks. They are a year and a half old. I go through daily phases - sometimes I don't mind them, once in a while I love them, but mostly I just find them itchy against my skin and uncomfortable to sleep on. Oh, and I miss not having dandruff. Buuuut...not brushing my hair for 16 months has been kinda nice.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thanks. They are a year and a half old. I go through daily phases - sometimes I don't mind them, once in a while I love them, but mostly I just find them itchy against my skin and uncomfortable to sleep on. Oh, and I miss not having dandruff. Buuuut...not brushing my hair for 16 months has been kinda nice.
                      I swear I was about to ask if those were dreads. Being on mobile I couldn't see.
                      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

The itchy and uncomfortable to sleep on part is a total deal breaker for me when it comes to having dreads. I considered having them back in my teens and early twenties, but job restrictions always got in the way and shaving my head to get rid of them terrified me. I know there are other ways to undo them but I ain't patient enough for that. They look fantastic on you, though.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          The itchy and uncomfortable to sleep on part is a total deal breaker for me when it comes to having dreads. I considered having them back in my teens and early twenties, but job restrictions always got in the way and shaving my head to get rid of them terrified me. I know there are other ways to undo them but I ain't patient enough for that. They look fantastic on you, though.
                          Thanks, yeah. Sleeping wasn't so bad before, but now that they are maturing, it's like sleeping on rope. Some people report that having dreads to sleep on is awesome, but I just find them a little uncomfortable. I usually flip them up onto my pillow to sleep.

Some days I really love them, but I do spend a lot of time thinking about whether I should shave them off, or go through the effort to brush them out. It's been a fun experiment, but I miss having hair.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ah yes, the itching at night.. that takes me back. In my case it was braids rather than dreads but I didn't wash them and left them in long term so that they dreaded at the roots. My scalp never itched except when I went to bed. As soon as I lay down it would start. I took antihistamines before bed and that seemed to help (I'm scratching just thinking about it), but in the end I gave up and took them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and to stay on topic, I posted a recent photo at the bottom of the blog I posted earlier. Just scroll past all the waffle and I'm there!
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanks, yeah. Sleeping wasn't so bad before, but now that they are maturing, it's like sleeping on rope. Some people report that having dreads to sleep on is awesome, but I just find them a little uncomfortable. I usually flip them up onto my pillow to sleep.

Some days I really love them, but I do spend a lot of time thinking about whether I should shave them off, or go through the effort to brush them out. It's been a fun experiment, but I miss having hair.
                              This reminds me of sleeping in pink foam curlers when I was a kid. Always the night before school pictures, etc., and the results were always kinda lopsided! It was hard to sleep with those things.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I always wanted dreads. Pretty far off goal atm with my hubby not being into it. But one day lol.

Atm I only wash my hair once a week and I almost never brush it. I have to straighten it a bit fairly often to get it to sit right, but with a bit of dry shampoo most days it feels like straw and sits just how I like with minimal effort. No idea how I managed to bag that!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment