Tarot Decks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot Decks

I was just wondering what decks other people have. Currently I have the Tarot Nova which I don't use any more, Mystic Dreamer, The Celtic Dragon Tarot and Gay Tarot.
    "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Re: Tarot Decks

I have The Witches Tarot, by Ellen Cannon Reed and Martin Cannon
    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
    That dream is my reality

Comment

The only deck i have was bought for me from spencer's gifts. I don't know the name of it, but I really like it.

Comment

Mine's "Tarot of the Old Path" by Howard Rodway and Sylvia Gainsford.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I use ...

Not really Tarot, but they work for me ... Was given the deck by my mom ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I have a couple decks... Sasha Fenton Tarot, Liz Dean's Golden Tarot and her Art of Tarot deck, Silvana Alasia's Egyptian Tarot, The Gummy Bear Tarot, and The Universal Waite Tarot deck. Think that's all of them... Don't often read tarot, but I like the artwork so collect decks, when I do read it's usually just the universal Waite deck.
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I have the Albano Waite, Rider Waite, Thoth, Medieval Scapini, Hanson Roberts, and Witches Tarot decks. I tend to rotate through them except for the Witches Tarot by Ellen Cannon Reed. Unfortunately, that deck never grew on me and I keep putting it out at the summer yard sale each year in the hopes that I can re-home it.
              "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
              Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I have The Rider Tarot Deck by Waite(my first and favorite), 1JJ Swiss Tarot Cards by Agmuller, The Celtic Shamans Pack(not sure if this counts)by Matthews. The Rider deck I have used for some thirty five year or more and gives me good readings.
                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I use the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg. I love them.
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I ordered the Rider Waite deck after reading this thread and just wanted to say THANKS for the recommendation!

I'm loving it. It's my first Tarot deck and it's been amazing so far.
                    Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher (vegan WW blog)

"Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." --Sanskrit

Comment

I use Goddess cards.
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I have a rider-waite deck, don't know the exact name of it, BUT I do know that it's beautiful
                        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I own the following:

Deck of Thoth
                          Celestial Deck
                          Cat People Deck

I can't remember the name of the last deck....but it's gorgeous. It has purple celtic knots on the back of it........fudge.
                          )0(

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
                          Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
                          It's okay not to be okay...
                          Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
                          Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
                          Just be true to who you are!

Comment

I finally got the Housewife tarot deck that Thal was talking about on PF a while back. Love it! There are a bunch of hilarious cards that the demos don't show, and the actions of the court cards are making them easier to learn then my other deck.

I need a new Wait-Rider...my kids destroyed mine. I still have the remaining cards, though, for a future craft or two. Death is now part of a Steampunk hat.

I have a third deck, Golden Tarot by Liz Dean (there are two decks called Golden Tarot). It has a very pretty illuminated manuscript look and the cards are larger. L has really taken to that one.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I have a LotR deck from a point when I was contemplating using Tarot cards as ritual tools but mostly I don't do readings and my rituals are so spartan that I probably should call them something else so it doesn't get much use. May have to change that, my original plans for it could still be entertaining.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X