Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concept of the Crusades has been corrupted by the American Left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The concept of the Crusades has been corrupted by the American Left.

Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, everyone: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/50054.html
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Re: The concept of the Crusades has been corrupted by the American Left.

le sigh...

...what fucking morons this country has elected
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      le sigh...

...what fucking morons this country has elected
      Exactamundo! It's unbelievable.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I just can't help but think of what Santorum's name has been euphemised into... it seems so fitting.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Thank goodness I'm Canadian! :P

Mostly art.

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

*headslap* Seriously, this is what happens when you elect people who flunked history...repeatedly...and the parents didn't want to get involved in the learning process (or possibly used it to teach propaganda)...and possibly sniffing paints of the Pb persuasion...
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

I think the events of the Crusades speak for themselves much better than any politician..... especially one who doesn't know his history!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I just barely caught myself before doing a facepalm in the middle of class...
                  "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                  without his weapons of war;
                  for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                  of a spear on the way without.
                  -

Comment

Well, it's not surprising. As long as you have people who value religion higher than they value humanity, you'll have people who will use religion to justify inhumanity. If it ever comes to be that people grow up enough to value humanity more than religion, somebody'll find some other way to justify inhumanity - say some economic theory, like communism, or capitalism, or whatever...
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yes! History is all just Leftist Propaganda. Remember the Wobbies, and all those other Unions' struggle for workers rights? Liberal Propaganda! to try and feed the tax and spend Democrats' agenda. We have to remove this filth from our classrooms, because we're forcing our teachers to brainwash our students to think they have options and stuff - we only need one party in this country! We'll fire all the history teachers, and that'll somehow create jobs too.

Meanwhile, people that are eligible for discussion about the existence of the human soul put out this:
                      Last edited by AzazelEblis; 28 Feb 2011, 11:03.
                      "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                      http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                      "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                      http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                      "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                      http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

This goes along with the assertion that Jesus was a white dude with blue eyes and so were Adam and Eve.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Well, it's not surprising. As long as you have people who value religion higher than they value humanity, you'll have people who will use religion to justify inhumanity. If it ever comes to be that people grow up enough to value humanity more than religion, somebody'll find some other way to justify inhumanity - say some economic theory, like communism, or capitalism, or whatever...
                            Yeah while I DO think it's possible to not dehumanize others, I think it's a process for sure. Over here religion isn't such a big deal (40% of Germany is atheist and 20% is only broadly spiritual, and that's Germany as a whole...berlin has a much higher percentage of atheism)....because so many people aren't religious it's more a personal thing for most people. But I feel that there are much stronger class divisions than in Canada. People get put in their place really early on and I think it creates divisions. It's more education-based than economic-based (the bias isn't what kind of family you come from, but what kind of education you have), but of course if you come from a poor or immigrant background you're statistically less likely to go to university.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              But the real problem is that they aren't really religious at all. I wish they'd be more religious. Is this something that Jesus, peace be upon him, would agree with?

More and more they are becoming the very people Jesus Christ kept on criticizing. Hypocrites, who on the outside look like the spokespeople of religion, but from the inside they aren't religious at all.
                              [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                              X