This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Wedding Ceremonies

A person who knows me, and comes to this forum as a guest asked me to add back the list of video showing weddings.

Pagan (this is the mainstream form)
    part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

Celtic Ceremony
    part 1

part 2

Asatru inspired wedding (sorry about the airplanes and background noise)

Wiccan based Wedding (unsure tho... looks more standard pagan, but I am a klutz with wicca)
    (Only shows some parts of the ceremony)
    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 11 Mar 2011, 16:50.

Re: Pagan Wedding Ceremonies

Cool. It's all good
    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
    That dream is my reality

Comment

sweet tanx ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I watched that handfasting of hannah and dean one a while back. mucho interesting. took forever lol.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I would love to do a handfasting but my family would never allow it
          sigpic

Comment

Strangely I used to want a handfasting, but now I don't at all. As long as I get married outside with bare feet I don't care. X
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Wonderful idea! Though I think I am going to wear flip flops to prevent me stepping on a stone and cussing ferociously at my own wedding
              sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be the celebrant at a hand fasting. It's really quite exciting!

Comment

Found it strange I could not find a polygamic or same sex pagan marriage... but of course the internet is mainly controled by Christians, but I found a podcast by PCP which regards this subject.

It also cover several other subjects about marriage

part 1
                  http://imbleedingprofusely.com/archives/4517

part 2
                  http://imbleedingprofusely.com/archives/4575
                  Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 06 Apr 2011, 02:39.

Comment

Hellenic Wedding in Greece. Found it on The Wild Hunt and thought of this thread.
                    Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

In theory, any polygamous pagan would historically be male, and probably just have multiple ordinary wedding ceremonies. As for homosexual marriages, there was no such thing as far as we know until fairly recently. Homosexual relationships certainly must have existed in secrecy, but a wedding would not necessarily be part of that.
                      If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X