This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words of the wise man or woman

Add in this thread words, interviews, videos that you deem wise about paganism.

Here's one that qualifies as such from Issac Bonewitz
    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 04 Apr 2011, 03:27.

Re: Words of the wise man or woman

Does it have to relate to Paganism? ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

In this section of the Forum: Pagan Traditions and Discussions.... it's a yes.

Comment

Okie dokie ...
        I find this gal to be pretty much spot on ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Days of the Week and the Gods

The Weird and The Wyrd.

Comment

“The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
            deepest root of all evil that is in the world.” — German physicist Max Born

"The United States was in no way founded as a Christian nation." — John Adams, during the
            1797 signing of the Treaty of Triploi with Muslim leaders

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

Some keep the Sabbath going to Church,
            I keep it staying at Home -
            With a bobolink for a Chorister,
            And an Orchard, for a Dome.
            ~Emily Dickinson

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966

I have the body of a god....Buddha

Comment

Texts about the relation of Paganism and Christianity in Europe

The Fairy Tale is Over chapter VI
              http://donlehmanjr.com/Politics/poli...itics%2006.htm
              Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 24 Mar 2011, 04:55.

Comment

Ok... more wise stuff... How about the Burning Times Documentary?... should qualify.

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

part 6

Comment

Here's a documentary about Asatru

Comment

How about the Stonehenge documentary.

National Geographic
                    part 1

part 2

part 3
                    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 14 Jun 2011, 20:02.

Comment

The author pointed me to a repaired version.

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5
                      Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 05 May 2011, 04:23.

Comment

Episode 1 was posted... so why not episode 2? By the way the author pointed me to a repaired version of episode 1

Magic Moments

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5
                        Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 05 May 2011, 04:24.

Comment

Third episode of The Pagans...

Band of Brothers

part 1
                          (They always start with a myth to say that it is all bullcrap, so do not throw the towel too soon)

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

Comment

Here's episode 4 of Pagans

Sacred Landscapes

part1

part2

part3

part 4

part5

Comment

I was searching for stuff to add to this thread.. a challenge made by MaskedOne has made me found this site which lists the horrible stuff made by the Inquistion and Witch Trials for you people to consult.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/va..._vatican29.htm

The three additional information links of the top of this page links to outdated information by a language hobbyist, which has been since refuted by more advance research in the 90s. All information present on this page only is still valid.
                              Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 02 Jun 2011, 21:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X