This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Interpretation

Have a weird dream? Want another POV? Need some help figuring it out?

Post about it here!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Dream Interpretation

Okay bear with me on this one I am about to take you a gnarly adventure here. I already have my own ideas on how to interpret this but a second opinion is always great. So its starts in a wooded area,I walk for a bit and come upon a river,all along the river are dead fish, as I see the dead fish I start to see dolphins jump on shore and start to flail around,I manage to get a few of the dolphins back in the water but suddenly I am attacked by a panther I struggle and struggle but to avail. Unfortunately that's where it ends and I wake up. I know that dreams are often reflections of what occurs throughout the day but during the day I had absolutely no thought of any of these things. So with that being said what is your interpretation?
    As an added note I have started writing these dreams down since the dolphin one and have been having more dreams like it do you think that if I continue writing them down I will keep having them?

Comment

When I help with dreams, I like to think a bit about the dreamer first. Do animals have symbolic or more literal qualities to you? Do you think of yourself as an animal or as apart?

If you are a symbolism person, fish often represent wisdom and knowledge, some people consider then symbols of fertility. Either way, dead fish would be to me a lack of knowledge, or more appropriately a denial of what you know and a stagnation of creativity. Dolphins are also a symbol of thought, but more of intelligence than wisdom (which are very different things) also of playfulness and curiosity. Saving "some" of them might mean you are managing to get along on ideas and play, but the deeper wisdom feels like it is lacking. The panther usually indicates caution and danger, but it also represents power. I'd heard it referred to as "reclaiming of power." So perhaps wrestling with the panther is an attempt at regaining what you feel like you've lost.

Since it ends there, it seems like you have an ongoing struggle.

Comment

That's is a good interpretation it actually fits like a puzzle with things that are going on now thank you for your insight Rowanwood it is much appreciated

Comment

I have this awful dram where a clown chases me and i can't run and at the end he kill s me.... i don t know what it means.

Comment

I have a recurring dream (nightmare) in which I get a small pet (this has been all sorts of things, but usually a hamster or a fish) and then put it in another room, close the door, and forget that it exists. Then, I will remember suddenly, and of course it has starved to death. :-[

I hate that dream.

Comment

I keep dreaming I'm sitting with a weird figure, almost like a wolf orsomething on top a cliff, staring at a red moon.. Everytime I try to ask the figure what it is, I awaken.

Comment

I had a dream the other night about being stranded in a beach that had a cardboard house and on the top floor of this house was a bath filled with like mud/sand stuff. I was sat in the bath and then i fell through and collapsed and died, i woke up feeling breathless and went back to sleep, then continued the dream. My friend gave me CPR and said the tide is coming in, we have to eat these dead dinosaurs and get out of here. So we ate them and found a rope with beads on it that we had to climb and we climbed and met the warden from Shawshank, who then pushed us down and then we were continually falling.

It was strange...
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=autoreg link=topic=34.msg1606#msg1606 date=1286880949]
                  I have this awful dram where a clown chases me and i can't run and at the end he kill s me.... i don t know what it means.
                  [/quote]

hmm, i also have sometimes one of those dreams. but then only it's not a clown but a giant spider, running after me in my own house. i try to scream but i can't and my mom is than just sitting in a chair, reading a book, not noticing me. Ain't fun >.>

I think those are just nightmares, actually
                  Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

I am hoping someone might understand, and help me to understand this.
                    A little while ago I had a dream that a group of people came and told me that I am a High Priestess. I don't normally pay too much attention to dreams but this one was extremely vivid. I did a little research online, but found such varying definitions, so I didn't worry about looking into it anyfurther. (I don't really know what a High Priestess is)
                    Anyway, this morning, my 4yr old and I saw a large black moth, seemingly, fly through our (closed) front door. It is now in my bedroom.
                    Normally I wouldn't think too much more about this event but something about it reminded me about my dream.
                    So I am back on my research mission.
                    Can anybody help me?
                    I am a 35yr old mum of 2, Of no religious denomination, I don't do drugs, drink or smoke... I feel profoundly effected by my dream and this mornings moth event.
                    Would appreciate any guidance or advice
                    Thankyou

Comment

[quote author=honeybee link=topic=34.msg14818#msg14818 date=1290138775]
                      I am hoping someone might understand, and help me to understand this.
                      A little while ago I had a dream that a group of people came and told me that I am a High Priestess. I don't normally pay too much attention to dreams but this one was extremely vivid. I did a little research online, but found such varying definitions, so I didn't worry about looking into it anyfurther. (I don't really know what a High Priestess is)
                      Anyway, this morning, my 4yr old and I saw a large black moth, seemingly, fly through our (closed) front door. It is now in my bedroom.
                      Normally I wouldn't think too much more about this event but something about it reminded me about my dream.
                      So I am back on my research mission.
                      Can anybody help me?
                      I am a 35yr old mum of 2, Of no religious denomination, I don't do drugs, drink or smoke... I feel profoundly effected by my dream and this mornings moth event.
                      Would appreciate any guidance or advice
                      Thankyou
                      [/quote]

Well, i don't know if this is very helpful, but when I approaching understanding a dream, there are two questions i ask:

1) what do the elements (high priestess, black moth) bring to mind for YOU? what's the first thing that comes to mind.

2a) what are the feeling qualities of your reaction in or to the dream or dream elements, and (2b) once you've identified those feelings, where in your waking life have you been experiencing those feelings?

These two questions always help lead me to an answer. Yes, there are some collective unconscious symbols that carry common meaning but most dream elements and even archetypes according to Jung carry a lot of personal unconscious associations and that's usually where to start.

The other thing is it is usually helpful to look a the dream context, not just isolation elements.

(I wouldn't dream of venturing an "interpretation" without exploring those things)

Hope that's helpful.

Comment

hi there,

i had two consecutive dreams last night of the same thing. i say consecutive because i had the first dream, woke up and then went back to sleep and had the second one. i basically dreamed that someone ripped out my third eye. i saw it as tangible, like an actual eye on my forehead and both times it was gouged out by a human hand. the dreams were different but with the same result.
                        today i have felt ill and out of sorts, even though as off-putting as the dreams were i didnt really obsess over them. they were extremely vivid and somewhat shocking to me as i view my minds eye as the gateway to being able to see what others cant. without it i am blind. i couldnt imagine why my psyche would create such a thing, especially twice in a night.
                        i often look into my minds eye when i am lying in bed at night and meditate or drift off as a way to help deal with insomnia. before i know it im asleep and sometimes the meditations continue into my dreams.
                        this is another thing i am unsure of, whether this was purely a dream or something i saw while meditating. i am new to this forum, and if anyone could give me any insights or advice, or have heard of similar dreams, i would really appreciate it. i really want to know if this could have some significant meaning behind it

Comment

[quote author=dj_nikki_k link=topic=34.msg20508#msg20508 date=1291732109]
                          hi there,

i had two consecutive dreams last night of the same thing. i say consecutive because i had the first dream, woke up and then went back to sleep and had the second one. i basically dreamed that someone ripped out my third eye. i saw it as tangible, like an actual eye on my forehead and both times it was gouged out by a human hand. the dreams were different but with the same result.
                          today i have felt ill and out of sorts, even though as off-putting as the dreams were i didnt really obsess over them. they were extremely vivid and somewhat shocking to me as i view my minds eye as the gateway to being able to see what others cant. without it i am blind. i couldnt imagine why my psyche would create such a thing, especially twice in a night.
                          i often look into my minds eye when i am lying in bed at night and meditate or drift off as a way to help deal with insomnia. before i know it im asleep and sometimes the meditations continue into my dreams.
                          this is another thing i am unsure of, whether this was purely a dream or something i saw while meditating. i am new to this forum, and if anyone could give me any insights or advice, or have heard of similar dreams, i would really appreciate it. i really want to know if this could have some significant meaning behind it
                          [/quote]

Well, dream interpretation is a delicate matter and highly personal, but, I'll offer my two cents and you can decide if it is useful for you.

The fact that your dream (at least the theme) was repeated twice in a single night and because the memory and feeling of the dream stayed with you into your day, suggests that it is an important and meaningful dream. That is to say, your subconscious (or guardian spirit) is trying to tell you something.

The things that come out strongly from the subconscious tend to be feelings you have but don't acknowledge. Therefore it is difficult for the individual to recognize the meaning at first, but once you do, if you do, it "comes together" and rings true.

Questions of the first layer: What does the third eye mean to you? Is there something your are trying to do or achieve related to your third eye and/or meditation?

Answering those questions would be the first step toward understanding. Further understanding can only develop by examining your layers of feelings and motivations toward that matters that come up in answering the above questions (if that makes sense).

Your dream makes me think of a zen koan. Your dream seems to beg the question as to what belief or hope your are placing on your third eye. Part of you, deep down, may feel differently about it (than you consciously realize). Sometimes the symbols of our journeys get mistaken for the destination.

I have my doubts about doing this on a forum, but those are just some thoughts.

Comment

[quote author=newgirl24 link=topic=34.msg12358#msg12358 date=1289572427]
                            I have a recurring dream (nightmare) in which I get a small pet (this has been all sorts of things, but usually a hamster or a fish) and then put it in another room, close the door, and forget that it exists. Then, I will remember suddenly, and of course it has starved to death. :-[

I hate that dream.
                            [/quote]
                            Wow - I have the same dream! Except mine are always still alive and I apologize for forgetting them, and can't imagine how I could have done so.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

alright. i need help interpreting please

I'm googleing about dreaming about a dead person coming alive. and i only get answers for if you know that person.

Well I had a dream last night thatmy supervisor from work brought a dead guy into a dark room (I was already in the room) and laid him on the floor. I asked him if he was dead and he said yes. after a little while the body adjusted like it was just sleep. and then a few minutes later it stretched and yawned and sat up. that's when i woke up... i never saw his face. and it was dark so all i could tell was it was a tall man.

then after i went back to sleep i had a dream that my mother in law (who for some reason owned the dog we gave to a friend of ours) went to wallmart and dropped dead in one of the isle. i was in the store when i came accross her and the dog was hovered over her protectively. noone could get close. but he came to me.. and i was so scared of the dog. that it would bite me. but he never did while i was soothing him.
                              i woke up this morning very unseasy and i cant shake the "death" feeling.
                              i don't know if these 2 are related. but can anyone give a guess on what they think they mean?
                              "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Working...
                              X