This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Interpretation

There is a moot in my area which I have attended several times.

Lat night I had a dream i was at the moot held in one of the members homes, we were planting a rose bed with hundreds of rose bushes. They were very small plants and we were covering them completely with clay, as I was piling the clay over the plant it was disturbing the roots.

Comment

Two nights ago I dreamed that I found a bald eagle dead, spread eagle in the mud. That's all I remember - any ideas?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The current political situation, perhaps?
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

LOL - most likely political (bald eagle - America), but I'm not sure which current political situation...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If it is politically based, then there's really nothing anyone other than you can do to interpret it. I think the symbolism (dead in mud) is pretty obvious in itself.

Outside of that, eagles have other symbolic interpretations as well; including: the illumination of the spirit, healing, creation, being of the Earth but not in it, the soul, high intelligence, greater sight and perception. Bald eagles also have an association with water, that you should look at (ie, they are fishers and take much of their sustenance from the water)- they are able to penetrate the water, grasp what they need, and rise out of them (also, the ability to enter and exit the ethereal realms at will). Heroic nobility.

It hints at resurrection and alchemy (the bringing of fire, sun and clear water as opposite elements being brought together). It may indicate the need for you to hold onto what is important to you, for you to understand when (and to what extent) to speak your mind, a need to reflect on the past in order to handle your present and future situations.

Eagles have a far richer symbolic heritage beyond the USA's patriotic usage of it. I suggest you do some reading into the bird's symbolism, as well as its behaviors, to find your answers.

Comment

Bald eagle dead in mud and water... seems like maybe its a warning that you allowing the forces of the world hold you captive and stifle your freedom.

I am very drawn to birds, most birds of prey. They show power, respect and most of all freedom. So when hearing of a dead eagle... it shows me the end of freedom.

I know very little about what to say with the mud and earth... so that is fairly vague. I know from recent research that the earth and mud can be a sign for life or rebirth as someone had recently stated.

So I would take this as a warning to not let it get to that point.

Comment

I just woke up from one of the oddest dreams I've had--somehow Jarrod and Brandi from "Storage Wars" were rowing their way across the international date line. 0_o But the bit that stands out the most is after the, I guess, storyline to my dream (the bulk was typical fantastical nonsense)--I dreamt of two-headed yellow chicken getting one of its heads pecked at by another yellow chicken. I have a feeling that this part of my dream may mean something; I'm thinking being betrayed by someone close because they're jealous of how much one has. Does that sound right, or am I way off?

Comment

I was woken up this morning and fell back asleep. When I asked how long I was asleep again the person said 10 minutes. So the dream I had was short.

It starts out in a secret societies type lounge except its for gods, so not really a secret society I suppose. Its decorated with heavy wooden tables and chairs, animals heads on the walls, large fireplace. It's old looking but at the same time modern. The people in it are dressed in slacks and dress shirts but with long fur cloaks pinned on. There's one man there I know is a god, in the way you just know certain things in dreams. He's dressed as described, has a trimmed salt and pepper beard. He's drinking from a double tankard made of clear class. At first I thought he was drinking black coffee from a weird coffee pot but then I realised it was beer. He's talking to another god who I don't see about something. It's a business meeting. I can't remember what its about or what is said but it has something to do with the various women,who are humans, in the lounge. The women are under his control and I think he's wanting to trade them for some sort of power. Loki is there, dressed in a black evening dress and a blonde wig. But he's a man. It's so obvious to me but I don't think anyone else realises. Anyways he's passed out drunk in a chair beside the first god. Except he's also across the room in male form sitting at the table with a lot of the human females. He's under the control of the other god too but then he "wakes" up and when he does it makes the females wake too. I must say that there are other gods in the room also, except they're doing their own thing. When the females "wake up" Loki does something to make the one god think they run from the room. So the one god and the rest of the various gods in the room get up and walk from the room to go get them. They know someone helped the women escape but they arent sure who. So while the gods go one way Loki and the women go out a back way. Loki brings a sheet of paper, a white feather pen and a crystal ink bottle that looks like it has water in it(though it writes black). He and the women are in a hallway with a heavy wooden table in it where he sets the items he brought with him down. One woman asks why the gods wanted them and he says something like "You're the earths greats minds in the scientific field, why wouldn't they have use for you?" He doesn't say anything else and signs the top of the paper. I can't read what it says but I know its his name and something else. I know it's a "contract" saying the women are under his protection/guidance so the other gods can't get them. I am not in the dream up until the point I sign my signature to the paper. Then we all walk out and he drives us away in a black SUV.

Thats it. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I have an idea of what the dream could mean but I'd like other opinions. I've never been interested in norse mythology or Loki. The only things I know about either are from movies/comics and even then I tend to skip over those as they focused on Thor. I thought he was pretty boring >.> I also hold science and scientists in highest respect, so the comment about the women being the "greats minds in the field"...well I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mbw1064 View Post
                    I was woken up this morning and fell back asleep. When I asked how long I was asleep again the person said 10 minutes. So the dream I had was short.

It starts out in a secret societies type lounge except its for gods, so not really a secret society I suppose. Its decorated with heavy wooden tables and chairs, animals heads on the walls, large fireplace. It's old looking but at the same time modern. The people in it are dressed in slacks and dress shirts but with long fur cloaks pinned on. There's one man there I know is a god, in the way you just know certain things in dreams. He's dressed as described, has a trimmed salt and pepper beard. He's drinking from a double tankard made of clear class. At first I thought he was drinking black coffee from a weird coffee pot but then I realised it was beer. He's talking to another god who I don't see about something. It's a business meeting. I can't remember what its about or what is said but it has something to do with the various women,who are humans, in the lounge. The women are under his control and I think he's wanting to trade them for some sort of power. Loki is there, dressed in a black evening dress and a blonde wig. But he's a man. It's so obvious to me but I don't think anyone else realises. Anyways he's passed out drunk in a chair beside the first god. Except he's also across the room in male form sitting at the table with a lot of the human females. He's under the control of the other god too but then he "wakes" up and when he does it makes the females wake too. I must say that there are other gods in the room also, except they're doing their own thing. When the females "wake up" Loki does something to make the one god think they run from the room. So the one god and the rest of the various gods in the room get up and walk from the room to go get them. They know someone helped the women escape but they arent sure who. So while the gods go one way Loki and the women go out a back way. Loki brings a sheet of paper, a white feather pen and a crystal ink bottle that looks like it has water in it(though it writes black). He and the women are in a hallway with a heavy wooden table in it where he sets the items he brought with him down. One woman asks why the gods wanted them and he says something like "You're the earths greats minds in the scientific field, why wouldn't they have use for you?" He doesn't say anything else and signs the top of the paper. I can't read what it says but I know its his name and something else. I know it's a "contract" saying the women are under his protection/guidance so the other gods can't get them. I am not in the dream up until the point I sign my signature to the paper. Then we all walk out and he drives us away in a black SUV.

Thats it. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I have an idea of what the dream could mean but I'd like other opinions. I've never been interested in norse mythology or Loki. The only things I know about either are from movies/comics and even then I tend to skip over those as they focused on Thor. I thought he was pretty boring >.> I also hold science and scientists in highest respect, so the comment about the women being the "greats minds in the field"...well I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.
                    This honestly creeps me out...

I had a dream last night that Thor visited me - and no, I haven't seen The Avengers, and no, he didn't look one lick like the guy in those movies. He stood at an almost inhumanly tall height, a lot more built and with a lot more beard and stuff to him - and was pleasantly buzzed like 90% of the time. Anyways, there were tents set up, lots of old world stuff in modern setting, almost like he'd found a patch of modern forest and set up this old-world-style encampment for himself. He had two servants, one guy tending livestock, the other, a girl, serving us food and drink. She made it clear she hated me, and that she was exasperated with all the women Thor visited. I quirked a brow a little at her and tried to be civil, and she just brushed me off and flitted about cleaning and such. I won't go into detail but suffice to say Thor spent a long time talking to me; he was kind and all, though, so I guess that's good at least. He had a very personal discussion with me, saying I was 'interesting' to him for various reasons, and extended an invitation to "[his] father's house, Asgard, at any time you'd like"...he left in a blinding blaze of lightning flashes and deafening thunder, and I woke up.

When I woke up, I suddenly became violently ill and dashed to the bathroom to throw up. I've always had a history of visionary dreams, precognitive dreams and so on and so forth, but it's rare they have dramatic physical effects - and I've never had one quite that strong. I'm also not into Norse stuff, and don't know a whole lot about the myths. I was shocked to even find after I awoke this morning, that most of the mythos matched up with the Thor I'd dreamed of - it creeped me out, but seemed to lend a sort of validity (although whether that's good or bad, I don't know) to the dream.

Just weird that I randomly find this, and in your dream the Norse gods are off trolling around for women. Maybe I'm being silly. :XD:
                    Last edited by RainbowDemonic; 30 Jun 2012, 23:42.

Comment

Idk if this is where it goes but well... About two years ago, i had a dream my old pet came to me and told me one of my pets(not sayinf which one specifically) was going to die the next day. The following day my mom and i where picking veggies when i smelled the scent of my pet from the dream.

Comment

This is a dream that a close friend of mine had, it was a Lucid Dream, or so she says. I told her I would try and find out what it means, so...

Spoiler!

Comment

Sometimes when I dream, I keep revisiting a house. I'm usually a familiar visitor in the house. The house is always the same one, although sometimes the floor plan changes a little bit. I only see the inside of the house. The house usually belongs to either of my two best friends from my teenage years. There's a room in the house that has a presence in it that I'm afraid of. The presence is female. I am gripped with fear over the room. I avoid the room as much as I can to the point that now when I am dreaming and I know I'm in the house, I will try not to direct my dream to that room. The room is usually a bedroom, one time it was a living room. If I get pulled into the room, I am very fearful and the presence intensifies greatly. I try to cast out whatever it is in the name of Jesus (no lolling!! :shy: ) but I either cannot say the words or my intention has no effect on the presence.

Comment

Well, that actually helps to write it out and reread it. Dream diaries ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by autoreg View Post
                              I have this awful dram where a clown chases me and i can't run and at the end he kill s me.... i don t know what it means.
                              DISCLAIMER: Much of our symbology comes from a shared culture; however, each person also uses individual symbols. For instance, most people in the western world find red indicates danger or passion. But you might have a beloved relative who always wore red, and you might associate it with comfort or stability. I can offer a suggestion based on common symbolism and intuition, but the individual's freedom to coin symbols means that it can be nothing more than a suggestion.

INTERPRETATION: I've encountered several people who've had variations on this dream. Usually, the clown indicates both falsity (especially if wearing make-up, false features or another person's face) and forced jollity. The clown can represent stifling dishonesty, especially in a society where dishonesty for the sake of conformity is encouraged. The clown's outward appearance insists that s/he is jolly but that this feeling is insincere and a facade. When I encounter someone having this dream, s/he is often being smothered by work, family, their religious community, or some other force that insists on their dishonesty and their modifying their genuine emotions. There is often something that keeps the dreamer of dreams of this type from being free, perhaps even from believing that freedom is possible; but that is often hidden under a happy-seeming exterior.
                              OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                              The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                              Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I find it odd that there are only 3 people in my life that I dream about. Which is odd, since I have a family of 5, and one of the 3 isn't even related.

Comment

Working...
                                X