This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Interpretation

I find it interesting that many times a vampiric dream is about both base sexual attraction but also about masculinity and dominating presence. You hardly ever hear about vampire dreams dealing with female vampires as I believe it goes against the masculine motif and implied power. I say implied for it seems the western vampire is both a sense of power and manipulation behind deceptive looks. Granted that is more of a traditional persona vice the more current Twilight inspired teen drama persona.

So potentially you have someone that presents a controlling sense of presence and power. Yet you say its a different vampire in each dream which to me suggests its about the imagery of the vampire and the projected authority and power that is bestowed upon the individual. Almost to the point where there is a sense of awe being in its presence. Figure if your willing to let it guide and inspire you there is a sense of surrender to its power and authority.

I am curious in that my initial thoughts were about the men in your life to include your own father. Almost a sense of some perception of power, authority and perhaps ones place around him and seeing something similar regarding your relationship to other men. You say it's not sexual which to me suggests its more of a perception of relationship and position in reference to other men. Almost like you might encounter in a work environment where the men outnumber the women and you sort of look to someone as a mentor to guide you. In recognizing such you acknowledge both a fatherly type position and dominating or superior position. I'd say that the vampire wants to keep you there also suggests a sense of protection and need or importance to the situation.

But in the end it's always going to be up to you to decide what each aspect of the symbology means to you.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Do any of you ever have dreams where you're not you? Like, you're a totally other person with totally different personality traits? This has been happening to me a lot lately. I don't really think it means anything other than the fact that as a writer, I tend to make people up on a regular basis. It's kind of unnerving, though. Last night I was a woman living in Chicago who had a really nasty fiance. Then I had another dream where I was a rich girl with a step dad who was trying to build a bunker in the basement because a war was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Do any of you ever have dreams where you're not you? Like, you're a totally other person with totally different personality traits? This has been happening to me a lot lately. I don't really think it means anything other than the fact that as a writer, I tend to make people up on a regular basis. It's kind of unnerving, though. Last night I was a woman living in Chicago who had a really nasty fiance. Then I had another dream where I was a rich girl with a step dad who was trying to build a bunker in the basement because a war was coming.
        When a new story is forming in my mind, I will dream about characters, and sometimes I will be them so yes, happens to me too.
        But it's also something that happens without being a new story, sometimes I'm a man, or an animal ^^ just because.
        But your dreams sound pretty interesting
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I know the only one who can find the true meaning to a dream is my own self, but I would like to ask for everyone's opinions.

A while ago, I had a dream where i was older, in my late 20s or mid 30s. It was dark, I was in another country, somewhere in the US, in a neighborhood full of old houses.
          I was running from something or someone in light clothes and it was pretty cold outside. I took my phone and called 911. A woman answered and asked about my problem.
          I told her there was someone after me (and so it was, in the dream - something deadly). She asked me to name the street I'm at but I didn't know and couldn't find anything that could indicate on the street's name. So I turned off the phone and continued running. I passed briefly near a graveyard and pulled right because there was nowhere to go except the graveyard. I knew I was kicked out of my apartment for some reason by my roommate.

I should have forgotten about the dream long ago, but I keep recalling it. It was a couple of weeks ago. 3, or 4 weeks, maybe...
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I think there is a major issue going on that you feel only you can face. If your problem is dressed in light clothing, could this mean that at face value your problem seems benign or like a good thing? However beneath the light clothing, you know it is very serious.

Maybe the graveyard is the point of change and self-transformation. Your problem is pushing you to the point of change and you can no longer avoid the showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
              I think there is a major issue going on that you feel only you can face. If your problem is dressed in light clothing, could this mean that at face value your problem seems benign or like a good thing? However beneath the light clothing, you know it is very serious.

Maybe the graveyard is the point of change and self-transformation. Your problem is pushing you to the point of change and you can no longer avoid the showdown.
              Thanks, Az. There are a few things going on right now but I'll face them when the time comes. It's not something I can solve right now. I have my worries, but I know I'll only grow after solving these problems.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

An Elemental Dream

A couple of nights ago, I have this trippy dream about this elemental who's part water and part air. It was a male who dressed like a knight which described as the Knight of Cups court card. His name is Kyle and he gave me a few message. The first message was your true love will come soon. The second message was beware of doing tarot magic it will cause total destruction during your lifetime. Then Kyle disappear. I woke up after that. What does this dream mean?

Comment

Hey is there anyone around who is interested in dream interpretation anymore? If so, can you help me decode this dream:

I have a recurring dream my youngest son (3 years) is a baby again and he has been decapitated, but he's still alive and responsive to my voice.. (!? no head, no ears but can still gurgle if I ask him to). I don't know how he lost his head, but my dream self feels that it is my fault. My eldest son is present in the dream and helping me, a doctor is also present. My hope in the dream is to find his head and have a hope of stitching it back on.

I've had a look online to try to discover the meaning of some symbols here but I don't feel that it really applies. The regular meaning of babies symbolising something of innocense may not apply here as it is my own son in the dream. The first glance interpretation of headlessness symbolising disconnect between mind and body.. I'm not sure how that applies in this situation if at all.

Comment

Any relationships that are missing something recently?

I don't as a rule do dream interp (I don't as a rule have a lot of memorable dreams) but the narrative involvies trying to literally fix a person so I'm going for the simple option...
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Babies can also represent a new endeavor or an aspect of yourself that you are neglecting and needs nurturing.

Comment

Thanks for the perspective MO and Prickly Pear. I really don't know but thanks anyway! Maybe things will be become clear later.
                        Last edited by Azvanna; 16 Oct 2019, 03:54.

Comment

Working...
                        X