This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of Heathen are you?

If you are Heathen, fill this quiz and post the result.

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/isno...y--version-20/

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

You Scored as Traditionalist

You are a Traditionalist Heathen. More flexible than a Reconstructionist, you are likely to admit that innovation is sometimes necessary in your religion--yet you draw the line at political correctness, trendiness, or other changes made for their own sake.

Traditionalist 100%
    Reconstructionist 60%
    Modernist 45%
    Eclectic 40%
    Fake Heathen 10%
    Non-Heathen 0%

As suspected... I am a traditionalist not a recon!
    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 29 Mar 2011, 05:29.

Re: What type of Heathen are you?

You are a Traditionalist Heathen. More flexible than a Reconstructionist, you are likely to admit that innovation is sometimes necessary in your religion--yet you draw the line at political correctness, trendiness, or other changes made for their own sake.

Traditionalist 75%
    Modernist 70%
    Reconstructionist 55%
    Non-Heathen 30%
    Eclectic 30%
    Fake Heathen 30%

Hrm. I don't believe that I agree at all with these results, but I'm not sure which insults me more; the 30% Fake Heathen or the 30% Eclectic. Mayhap it is even the paltry 55% Recon scoring that galls me so.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

I saw that kind of 30% pattern before... it's probably because you're Anglo-Saxon Heathen maybe, the survey is for Germanic/Scandinavian Heathens. If not, maybe you're tired... try it again when you are rested, result can change.

Comment

No, I consider myself an Icelandic Recon, mostly, with a little bit of Traditionalist dashed in. It's just that I don't think all the questions are entirely relevant or revealing. Certain aesthetic choices are not indicative of how one blots and fains. So what if I think bearskins and horned helmets look cool? I realize that they were not worn by the ancestors (and historical pieces depicting them in such garb infuriates me), but if I'm watching the tele, I'm looking more for entertainment than historical accuracy. I don't think that this makes me any less of a Recon. You'd never catch me dead wearing such garb, that's for sure (unless I somehow became a movie star in an appropriate film). As with most quizzes, I find the questions insufficient to depict worldviews accurately.
        "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You Scored as Modernist
            You are a Modernist Heathen. You believe in a balance between lore and present-day relevance: innovation keeps religion meaningful to you, though you still feel bad about mixing Germanic and non-Germanic practices needlessly.

Modernist
            60%
            Non-Heathen
            45%
            Traditionalist
            45%
            Eclectic
            45%
            Reconstructionist
            40%
            Fake Heathen
            30%

Almost right, the correct answer is non-Heathen. I'm willing to pay members of the Aesir and/or Vanir about as much respect as I pay other divine Powers and am somewhat skeptical of some of the more entertaining blends of multiple different traditions but I don't really focus heavily on Heathenry.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Comment

You Scored as Reconstructionist
                You are a Reconstructionist Heathen. Ancestral culture and the letter of the lore form the foundation of your beliefs and practices; compromising that foundation feels very wrong to you.

Reconstructionist
                85%
                Traditionalist
                55%
                Modernist
                20%
                Eclectic
                5%
                Non-Heathen
                0%
                Fake Heathen
                0%
                Last edited by Gunnarr; 29 Aug 2011, 15:06.
                Gunnarr Sandisson
                "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
                Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

While not knowing the site's definition of "heathen" I took this test...

Eclectic - 60%
                  Modernist - 60%
                  Traditionalist - 60%
                  Reconstructionalist - 30%
                  Fake Heathen - 30%
                  Non-Heathen - 20%

Sorry, I do not get it, the percentages or the criteria. Does anyone know the modus operadi here?
                  Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

Heathens in that context is a specific type of Paganism focusing primarily on Norse* culture and beliefs.

* This a generalization and not perfectly accurate. Other similar cultures and mythologies are involved.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Heathen for me is more than just a name it is about living your life with a worldview that is as close to our ancestors as modernity alllows. It is also about not what you say you will do, its about your deeds.

The word 'heathen' is the germanic route source for the latin route sourced word 'pagan', one we own the other we were given, these are my instant thoughts on the matter
                      Gunnarr Sandisson
                      "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
                      Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Comment

Is this an online quiz or something? If so, I think the link is busted.

For myself, well....

I'm a Modern Constructionist Germanic Heathen with Shamanic Tendencies.
                          Last edited by Vigdisdotter; 30 Dec 2011, 10:29.
                          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Traditionalist
                            65%
                            Eclectic
                            55%
                            Reconstructionist
                            45%
                            Modernist
                            40%
                            Non-Heathen
                            20%
                            Fake Heathen
                            20%

20% Fake Heathen and non-heathen? Thanks... Other than that, pretty much agreed!

-Valhalla

Comment

well, i could have told you this

Modernist
                              You are a Modernist Heathen. You believe in a balance between lore and present-day relevance: innovation keeps religion meaningful to you, though you still feel bad about mixing Germanic and non-Germanic practices needlessly.

Modernist
                              90%
                              Eclectic
                              80%
                              Traditionalist
                              30%
                              Non-Heathen
                              25%
                              Fake Heathen
                              15%
                              Reconstructionist
                              5%