Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of Heathen are you?

Banned!
    Feb 2011
    Religion
    Nature Heathen

What type of Heathen are you?

If you are Heathen, fill this quiz and post the result.

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/isno...y--version-20/

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

You Scored as Traditionalist

You are a Traditionalist Heathen. More flexible than a Reconstructionist, you are likely to admit that innovation is sometimes necessary in your religion--yet you draw the line at political correctness, trendiness, or other changes made for their own sake.

Traditionalist 100%
    Reconstructionist 60%
    Modernist 45%
    Eclectic 40%
    Fake Heathen 10%
    Non-Heathen 0%

As suspected... I am a traditionalist not a recon!
    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 29 Mar 2011 at 05:29.

Nov 2006
    Religion
    Heathen Recon

Re: What type of Heathen are you?

You Scored as Traditionalist

You are a Traditionalist Heathen. More flexible than a Reconstructionist, you are likely to admit that innovation is sometimes necessary in your religion--yet you draw the line at political correctness, trendiness, or other changes made for their own sake.

Traditionalist 75%
    Modernist 70%
    Reconstructionist 55%
    Non-Heathen 30%
    Eclectic 30%
    Fake Heathen 30%

Hrm. I don't believe that I agree at all with these results, but I'm not sure which insults me more; the 30% Fake Heathen or the 30% Eclectic. Mayhap it is even the paltry 55% Recon scoring that galls me so.

Banned!
    Feb 2011
    Religion
    Nature Heathen

I saw that kind of 30% pattern before... it's probably because you're Anglo-Saxon Heathen maybe, the survey is for Germanic/Scandinavian Heathens. If not, maybe you're tired... try it again when you are rested, result can change.

Nov 2006
    Religion
    Heathen Recon

No, I consider myself an Icelandic Recon, mostly, with a little bit of Traditionalist dashed in. It's just that I don't think all the questions are entirely relevant or revealing. Certain aesthetic choices are not indicative of how one blots and fains. So what if I think bearskins and horned helmets look cool? I realize that they were not worn by the ancestors (and historical pieces depicting them in such garb infuriates me), but if I'm watching the tele, I'm looking more for entertainment than historical accuracy. I don't think that this makes me any less of a Recon. You'd never catch me dead wearing such garb, that's for sure (unless I somehow became a movie star in an appropriate film). As with most quizzes, I find the questions insufficient to depict worldviews accurately.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

With some misgivings (once I saw the questions) I tried it :
    You Scored as Eclectic

You are an Eclectic Heathen. You value personal meaning and spirituality over tradition and lore, and you're willing to draw on non-Germanic sources when they work for you--but the Æsir and Vanir still play a major role in your beliefs.

Eclectic 85%
    Modernist 65%
    Traditionalist 65%
    Reconstructionist 50%
    Fake Heathen 40%
    Non-Heathen 35%

I just don;t think this quiz had all the bases sufficiently covered. And how can you have results in percentages that don';t add up to 100 per cent?
    The mind boggles.....

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

You Scored as Modernist
    You are a Modernist Heathen. You believe in a balance between lore and present-day relevance: innovation keeps religion meaningful to you, though you still feel bad about mixing Germanic and non-Germanic practices needlessly.

Modernist
    60%
    Non-Heathen
    45%
    Traditionalist
    45%
    Eclectic
    45%
    Reconstructionist
    40%
    Fake Heathen
    30%

Almost right, the correct answer is non-Heathen. I'm willing to pay members of the Aesir and/or Vanir about as much respect as I pay other divine Powers and am somewhat skeptical of some of the more entertaining blends of multiple different traditions but I don't really focus heavily on Heathenry.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Mar 2011
    Religion
    Wicca

You Scored as Eclectic

You are an Eclectic Heathen. You value personal meaning and spirituality over tradition and lore, and you're willing to draw on non-Germanic sources when they work for you--but the Æsir and Vanir still play a major role in your beliefs.

Eclectic
    70%
    Traditionalist
    50%
    Modernist
    45%
    Fake Heathen
    30%
    Reconstructionist
    25%
    Non-Heathen
    5%

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Heathen with a reconstructionist approach
    Phrase
    To be without silver is better than to be without honor

You Scored as Reconstructionist
    You are a Reconstructionist Heathen. Ancestral culture and the letter of the lore form the foundation of your beliefs and practices; compromising that foundation feels very wrong to you.

Reconstructionist
    85%
    Traditionalist
    55%
    Modernist
    20%
    Eclectic
    5%
    Non-Heathen
    0%
    Fake Heathen
    0%
    Last edited by Gunnarr; 29 Aug 2011 at 15:06.
    Gunnarr Sandisson
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
    Five Boroughs Hearth

Sep 2011

While not knowing the site's definition of "heathen" I took this test...

Eclectic - 60%
    Modernist - 60%
    Traditionalist - 60%
    Reconstructionalist - 30%
    Fake Heathen - 30%
    Non-Heathen - 20%

Sorry, I do not get it, the percentages or the criteria. Does anyone know the modus operadi here?
    Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Heathens in that context is a specific type of Paganism focusing primarily on Norse* culture and beliefs.

* This a generalization and not perfectly accurate. Other similar cultures and mythologies are involved.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis