Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferreting

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    In my younger years I once lived in a pretty awful apt. that had a mouse problem. I got a ferret and those mice ran for the hills! She didn't even have to go after them - they caught a whiff and were off & running.
    I'd love to see more pictures of the ferret.
    I have 4 ferrets at the moment and I will upload some more pictures of them then

Ferrets 25th march 018.jpgFerrets 25th march 003.jpgFerrets 25th march 015.jpgn608720727_2112194_163658.jpgFerrets 25th march 009.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
      I hunt rabbits not ferrets, I use ferrets to hunt rabbits.
      And the majority of ferrets have the instinct to go down the warrens so not much training is needed, just get them interested in tubes from a young age and then it is just one big game to them.
      But it is mainly instinct.

These are a few more pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]295[/ATTACH]
      I didn't think you hunted ferrets, that's why I mentioned using animals to hunt other animals. :3

How cool! I know nothing of ferrets because, well, they kinda creep me so it's always nice to find a reason to like them.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        I didn't think you hunted ferrets, that's why I mentioned using animals to hunt other animals. :3

How cool! I know nothing of ferrets because, well, they kinda creep me so it's always nice to find a reason to like them.
        They are lovely animals and make fantastic pets
        I know what you mean though, I'm creeped out by frogs but the reason I like them is they eat the slugs on my veg patch haha.
        But yeah it is a myth that ferrets bite all the time etc they are lovely animals

Comment

I know what you mean though, I'm creeped out by frogs but the reason I like them is they eat the slugs on my veg patch haha.
          But yeah it is a myth that ferrets bite all the time etc they are lovely animals
          It's not just ferrets, I feel that way about most rodents. Even the cute ones like mice and rabbits, I don't really trust them because they seem so nervous all the time.

But now I am tempted to give ferrets a chance. Especially if they catch me tasty bunnies. :3
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Ferrets are wonderful. Had a fuzzbutt for 8 years, this fall we might get 2 more. Can't use them for ferretting here it's highly illegal.

Comment

Working...
            X