Your favorite Tarot card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite Tarot card?

There are 78 cards in a tarot deck, each with their own unique meaning. Depending on position, context, orientation, and personal belief each card's meaning can vary. Even still we all have those cards that bring a smile (or a frown) to our faces as soon as it's flipped.
    So, what's your favorite card(s) and why? What about your least favorite?

I'm personally partial to the Sun. I'm a fire lady through and through and a Leo. To me it represents rebirth, child-like innocence and joy, the cycles, the ability to be born, live, change, die, and do it all again. It represents potential and energy. That's just me though. The Fool is a close second representing potential, I'm all about opportunity and journeys. Lastly, the Lovers; pure, unadultered love, not necessarily for a person.
    I'm also fond of the 2 of cups (I love love) and the Tower oddly. It may often be a negative thing but I feel the destruction of the tower lays the ground clean to build anew, another cycle reference, and it always means excitement.
    I don't like the seven of cups which represents personal emotional instability to me, or the 5 of disks which represents the downfall of external financial situations (it means I'm losing my job, without fail).

What about you?

Re: Your favorite Tarot card?

My favorite card is The Star because of its associations with hope and renewal. I'm planning to make an art quilt based on that card this year, actually. Least favorite? The Tower. (funny how each card affects us all differently, huh?) I don't like to feel as if the rug is being pulled out from under me in life, even if it eventually leads to good things.
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I love this question ^_^

My favourite tarot card is probably Temperance. There's just something about it that speaks to me. Unfortunately it's not the card that best represents me :P

Comment

VI Clubs

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Trey of Swords ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Took quiz at http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/

Here's the result:

You are The Hierophant
            Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.

All things relating to education, patience, help from superiors.The Hierophant is often considered to be a Guardian Angel.

The Hierophant's purpose is to bring the spiritual down to Earth. Where the High Priestess between her two pillars deals with realms beyond this Earth, the Hierophant (or High Priest) deals with worldly problems. He is well suited to do this because he strives to create harmony and peace in the midst of a crisis. The Hierophant's only problem is that he can be stubborn and hidebound. At his best, he is wise and soothing, at his worst, he is an unbending traditionalist.

??? Yeah right????

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga Pagan View Post
              Oh lol, there's a Stargate joke hidden in there ^_^
              #totalgeek

Comment

The Hierophant always spoke to me, although I don't know why. The High Priestess has been a favorite of mine in the past.

But I think my favorite might be The Fool.

Comment

I'm very fond of the way the High Priestess and the Empress can play off of each other...also the Death card, oddly enough. It comes around a lot when I do personal work.
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My favorite card is The Star. I love stars and its meaning mirrors my life.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

[You are The Sun

Happiness, Content, Joy.

The meanings for the Sun are fairly simple and consistent.

Young, healthy, new, fresh. The brain is working, things that were muddled come clear, everything falls into place, and everything seems to go your way.

The Sun is ruled by the Sun, of course. This is the light that comes after the long dark night, Apollo to the Moon's Diana. A positive card, it promises you your day in the sun. Glory, gain, triumph, pleasure, truth, success. As the moon symbolized inspiration from the unconscious, from dreams, this card symbolizes discoveries made fully consciousness and wide awake. You have an understanding and enjoyment of science and math, beautifully constructed music, carefully reasoned philosophy. It is a card of intellect, clarity of mind, and feelings of youthful energy.]

Haha, awesome. Apparently the sun is my favorite for a reason.

Comment

The Hanged Man

Suspended between heaven and earth - both at once, but neither one nor the other. Inner harmony in the eye of the hurricane. Acceptance of what is.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You are The Star

Hope, expectation, Bright promises.

The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised

The Star is a card that looks to the future. It does not predict any immediate or powerful change, but it does predict hope and healing. This card suggests clarity of vision, spiritual insight. And, most importantly, that unexpected help will be coming, with water to quench your thirst, with a guiding light to the future. They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            The Hanged Man

Suspended between heaven and earth - both at once, but neither one nor the other. Inner harmony in the eye of the hurricane. Acceptance of what is.
                            I like that interpretation.
                            "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                            Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Taigan's quiz is convinced that I'm

You are the Hanged Man
                              Self-sacrifice, Sacrifice, Devotion, Bound.

With the Hanged man there is often a sense of fatalism, waiting for something to happen. Or a fear of loss from a situation, rather than gain.

The Hanged Man is perhaps the most fascinating card in the deck. It reflects the story of Odin who offered himself as a sacrifice in order to gain knowledge. Hanging from the world tree, wounded by a spear, given no bread or mead, he hung for nine days. On the last day, he saw on the ground runes that had fallen from the tree, understood their meaning, and, coming down, scooped them up for his own. All knowledge is to be found in these runes.

The Hanged Man, in similar fashion, is a card about suspension, not life or death. It signifies selflessness, sacrifice and prophecy. You make yourself vulnerable and in doing so, gain illumination. You see the world differently, with almost mystical insights.

Favorites, I like the symbolism for the Hanged Man well enough. I also like Strength, the Hermit and sometimes the Chariot. I don't really have a clear favorite.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X