Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is one of my favorite parables.Please feel free to share your own.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favorite parables.Please feel free to share your own.

If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Re: This is one of my favorite parables.Please feel free to share your own.

I wrote two parables about 2 years ago. Those are my current favorites (because I'm a total tool), but I am having difficulty thinking of parables aside from the mythology I learned in Sunday school.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Re: This is one of my favorite parables.Please feel free to share your own.

Here's mine:

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. "I'd like to improve my knowledge of the martial arts. In addition to learning from you, I'd like to study with another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of this idea?"

"The hunter who chases two rabbits," answered the master, "catches neither one."

It means a lot to me, because I find myself torn quite strongly between many directions at times, and I need to remind myself that I will learn more, if I head in one direction.
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
      X