Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Japanese Language Learning Thread (v2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Japanese Language Learning Thread (v2.0)

Oh no. All the Japanese threads are too quiet! Kijani, I know you're super busy with uni and that is the most important thing right now, but in the meantime, is there anything I could do to keep this going in your absence? I could start going over the particles maybe? That could be a good place to continue, and it would lead the thread towards basic sentences. I'll include the kana of course, so it matches up with where you left off. Just an idea.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Eek, triple post. Sooorry mods. But honestly, I HAD to post this. It is so much fun. I found it on the Japanese learning forum I'm on and it is a really cool interactive listening exercise. I've copied and pasted the original post.

The Labyrinth is a vast web of videos spanning three YT channels. Each video starts with a Japanese speaker saying something in Japanese. You click on the arrow if you understood and wish to hear the next phrase or the red question mark if you did not understand and want a lesson before continuing. enter here
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZfyQ-MOZg
      It is all pretty useful everyday expressions, with some nice insults thrown in, so could be an interesting phrase building exercise for beginers until Kijani gets back! Enjoy!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm back and should be around much more often now. Spring and summer semesters are oooover. I'll try and get to updating this again soon, after I go over it and see where I left off lol.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Hi there! At this time I'm really new here and this thread is pretty old, but if anyone is still wanting to learn some simple things I can help. I don't know a lot of Japanese, but I took two years in high school and teach a VERY SIMPLIFIED Japanese class to a few friends of mine. So if you want any simple answers, feel free to come to me!

I love Japanese, by the way. My life goal is to be a Japanese teacher at a high school somewhere. I'm starting college for it next year.
          Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle. It's a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaraKasumi View Post
            Hi there! At this time I'm really new here and this thread is pretty old, but if anyone is still wanting to learn some simple things I can help. I don't know a lot of Japanese, but I took two years in high school and teach a VERY SIMPLIFIED Japanese class to a few friends of mine. So if you want any simple answers, feel free to come to me!

I love Japanese, by the way. My life goal is to be a Japanese teacher at a high school somewhere. I'm starting college for it next year.
            I hope this thread picks up again too. That way the other Japanese threads might get a bit more active too. I'm not sure if it would be welcomed or not, but if I can help in any way, I will. I'm fairly good at finding fun links and videos that illustrate grammar points. Or I could even get a native speaker to record phrases for us. If Kijani hasn't the time right now, I could in the meantime make a thread for conversational Japanese. It would be less heavy on grammar and writing and consist almost entirely of things you wouldn't want to use to a stranger lol. Still, bluffing my way through a casual chat is my area of expertise that I'd gladly pass on. Although it wouldn't help you pass many exams AmaraKasumi ^^

Kijani, you had introduced both sets of kana. I suggested moving on to particles next, as they are often single syllables and never kanji, so use what people have learnt so far. That would take up a few sessions, then you can bust out the interrogatives and away we go... if no one is responding, I can post something arbitrary now and then so you don't feel you're double and triple posting all the time. I bet people will be following your lessons, even if they're not posting in the thread.

Comment

www.guidetojapanese.org is a good grammar site

Comment

Saw this Japanese-language post, and thought I'd quickly pop in to say that if you have a DS, "My Japanese Coach" is actually a VERY helpful "game". I say "game" because it's not really, it's a tool to learn another language. They have mini-games, but that's all.

Anyway, I have My Japanese Coach and My French Coach (dying for them to come out with My Italian Coach) and I am very impressed.
                Some of the features include:
                *pronunciation
                *grammar/spelling
                *dictionary list
                *mini games
                So, just something to consider when learning Japanese ^_^ Carry on!

Comment

Is that game set in a school and there is a game where you have to hop around spelling words.. and chase the bullies hiding behind the tree and.. run around the school looking for apples and bottles? I had a game for learning German for the DS but I forgot what it was called. I know it was available in Japanese too so it might be the same one. I wasn't that impressed, but it might not be the game you're talking about.

I just wanted to drop by with a cute link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHjZM...eature=mh_lolz

This is a monolingual Japanese series aimed at kids from overseas who have moved to Japan. They stick to quite straight forward Japanese so if you're late beginner/early intermediate, you should be able to pick up quite a lot of what they say (and as always, feel free to PM me if you want anything translated, it's easy enough to follow that I should be able to handle that. So long as it's not like, 'please translate the entire series' because that would take forever and I still haven't even wrote the chakra stuff for V yet!). Pretty good for tuning your ear to Japanese whatever your level! Also, check out the British girl in it. So typically British isn't she? I mean, look at her in the classroom, looking all gaijin and standing out like a sore thumb.. hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                  X