X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritual Jewelry?

Hi, everyone!

I have lost my way recently. For awhile, I was praying and studying and talking to my deities daily. (I'm a solitary eclectic)

Recently, I've become "too busy" to worship. Which is just sad, really. Because of all the stressors in my life (work full time + school full time), my relationship with the Gods and Goddesses would only help me.

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with wearing spiritual jewelry, and whether or not that helped to remind you to take some time out for your faith more often. There are some beautiful necklaces that I'm considering, but thought that I would seek opinions on the subject here.

I am not going to get anything "obvious" that would make anyone ask me "what is that?!" because I won't be wearing it for anyone but myself.

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts on this. :-)

Re: Spiritual Jewelry?

From my own experiences, when I am having a non-spiritual period in my life, I usually just let it be.

Sometimes, especially when you've been devoted for long stretches of time, your soul can use a break.

The urge to return to your regular practices will eventually come back, but until then there's nothing wrong or bad about taking a sabbatical.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have one piece of spiritual jewelry that I wear daily. It didn't prevent me from having long stretches where I did hardly anything religious at all. Because it was a gift from my mother and has an ankh on it, it is more of a reminder of my family's love for me regardless of my religion, and that I am free to believe what I will.

If you want to wear a piece of jewelry to remind you of your faith, do so. But I would caution against trying to make too much come of it. When you feel ready to worship more regularly, you will do so, jewelry or no.

Comment

Watch yer feet ... Olde man in a wheelchair commin' thru ... *OUCH* ... Oops ... Sorry ...

Ditto what ^ said ... I have had my slack times ... And sometimes it is not a sabbatical you are experiencing but a slight divergence in your path ... Just a little nudge by the Powers That Be ... Go with it ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I'm at a place where I'd like something identifiable(especially to others), but can't find something that feels "right". No good advice, but if it speaks to you, wear it!
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

For those with a Goddess leaning ...

DR ... If I remember right, there is a sorta sacred feminine in LDS isn't there? ...

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Many years ago I did a simple thing that gives me a daily reminder....I bought a triangular-shaped crystal, about 1 1/2" high, braided a thread "chain" for it out of white, red, & black thread, and hung it on the rear view mirror of my car. When I got different cars it got a new braid. Every time I start the engine, I touch it and say "Safe and Blessed Be", (sometimes not out loud).
              OK so technically it's car jewelry, LOL but you get my drift! Just a tiny ritual that keeps me connected.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have a menat that I made. Just about every piece has a deep significance to me, with a pendant of Hethert down to beads from my first pow-wow. That is, to me, the most precious spiritual jewelery piece I own. Not only because it's a piece devoted to my goddess, but because it's interwoven with things of sentimental value. It's kinda a way for me to tie my life to Her.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses! :-)

I'm definately going to consider that perhaps I am taking a divergence in my path, or even a sabbatical. You are right, I need to learn to listen to myself more.

I love the Goddess jewelry, especially the one on the bottom.

I really love the idea of a ritual in my car. I will think about doing something like that, too!

Comment

Just an aside about vehicular ornaments and rituals ... I knew a biker that had a cowbell hung from the lower frame of his bike ... Every time he would get on he would tap it with the toe of his boot to make it ring ... He said it was to shoo the gremlins away ...

Comment

Magus, those are lovely!
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I often wear this piece, it is called the Pentacle of the Goddess, but I can tell people it is a Celtic flower...
                        I hold it and rub it when I am stressed, or any time I need a little reminder.

What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

This is a bloodstone and pearl necklace that I wear. I blessed and cleansed it with a few simple spells. I always wear it to work, it is said that the bloodstone is a healing stone. So I figure since I am a nurse it would be a great way to heal myself and promote healing of those around me.

sigpic

Comment

^ very nice Liadan , i like !
                            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Thanks It was only $15 at goodwill.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X