This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pets chit chat thread

My kitty missed me while I was away and now he's SUPER clingy! He follows me around the house and it's always like "cat in my face"....it's cute hehe

Comment

Our last remaining St Bernard Barney has been very ill these last few months. We really thought we were losing him. In fact, we are. He is on borrowed time, but thanks to a brilliant vet and a lot of love and hugs, he has a very good quality of life at the moment and we are just taking things day by day. But at the moment at least, he is enjoying himself. He has even started singing again (being Welsh - he was Welsh speaking when we had him - 'he do love to sing.' )
      Attached Files
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Awwwww I'm sorry to hear that. Glad that he's had a very full life though.

Comment

my kitty is being declawed!! (i was told that a 2 year old cat shouldt be declawed) and she has roundworm
          Circe

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tylluan. Sadly our animals usually only have a fraction of the live expectancy we do, so we love them while we can.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

You're right, but it always hurts. Still., we're making the most of every day which is all we can do. He's so happy though, it's a pleasure to be with him.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Took Alice (my 1 yr old German Shepherd) swimming for the first time yesterday. She loved it.

sigpic

Comment

My poor old man kitty. My friend and her daughter and daughter's friend came over tonight, and the girls are 10. The daughter and the cat have gotten along in the past, and he's kind of used to her, but the friend was a bit much for him I think. She kept trying to try to get him to play and trying to pick him up and eventually he just went and hid. The thing is, some people he DOES let pick him up (the daughter was holding him earlier and he was fine with it and purring) but like most cats you can't force it and you just have to let him get used to you. It's kind of funny though...cats and kids aren't always the best mix lol.

Comment

Bahhhh cat drama tonight. Petz fell off the sofa and started walking funny for a couple of hours, and I thought he might have pulled, sprained or broken something. He was ok after a rest though...it must have just been a bruise.

Comment

This has been a hard month for our fuzzies and furries. My son lost dog Grizelda and I lost kitty Edgar Allen cat. The same day that Grizzy died, though, my daughter brought home a new yellow lab puppy (Mali) without knowing Grizzy was gone. We also have kitties Lacey, Egypt, Timberwulf, Beowulf, Rapunzel, and Miriam; dogs Bois d'Arc, Callie, and Kenya; horses Star, Rebel, Tamer, and Huckleberry Robin. My son has two dogs, two goats, and more horses than we really want to count.

Comment

pet, I like dog , but many people like cats, nice stories !

Comment

Another of my mum's guineapigs died yesterday morning. This is the third from the same family that we've lost. One had a tumour, but two died very quickly, before my mum had a chance to take them to the vet. It's so sad. Her friend dropped off two youngsters last night though! So she has four again! Of course, I had to pop over before work to see them. So cute!!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Had to have another of the orphaned kittens we rescued put down on monday was and still is extremely upsetting as we have had them since they were less than two weeks old and I have been hand rearing them for the last almost eight weeks. They're like my babies. I came down in the morning to find the smallest of the kittens laying on her back, extremely cold and seemingly dehydrated. We rushed her to the vets but after a few hours of fluids and warmth, it became obvious that there was something wrong with her little brain bless her. Vet said that some kittens have a problem with their kidneys and that it only becomes a problem when they begin to wean onto food as it causes their blood to bypass their kidneys and the toxins then reach the brain. After several attempts at arguing that she could survive, I finally accepted that it was irreversible and I rushed back down there to say goodbye. Feeling very sad though, as I have lost a member of the family. May the Goddess look after my little kitten called Dolly.

Comment

My German Shepherds Alice (the one closest to the camera is 2 years old) and Miles (he just turned 1 year old)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lavender Rose View Post
                                Had to have another of the orphaned kittens we rescued put down on monday was and still is extremely upsetting as we have had them since they were less than two weeks old and I have been hand rearing them for the last almost eight weeks. They're like my babies. I came down in the morning to find the smallest of the kittens laying on her back, extremely cold and seemingly dehydrated. We rushed her to the vets but after a few hours of fluids and warmth, it became obvious that there was something wrong with her little brain bless her. Vet said that some kittens have a problem with their kidneys and that it only becomes a problem when they begin to wean onto food as it causes their blood to bypass their kidneys and the toxins then reach the brain. After several attempts at arguing that she could survive, I finally accepted that it was irreversible and I rushed back down there to say goodbye. Feeling very sad though, as I have lost a member of the family. May the Goddess look after my little kitten called Dolly.
                                It's hard to loose a pet. My sympathy to you.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X