Eeep skin help!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeep skin help!?

Is anyone around in the next couple of hours that can maybe answer this for me?

I am going out in a few hours, and like many dark haired ladies, I have some hair on my upper lip and wanted to remove it. Normally I wax, but since I'm going out in a bit I decided against it because usually it's red for a while after. So I got out what I thought was bleach, but then I remembered it's actually Nair, AFTER I put it on. I took it off and it had done its job, but now the ENTIRE lower half of my face is red. Seriously, it would have been better if I waxed. I mean, at least it's not just my upper lip, but still, it's like really icky looking. I put ice on it, and a warm compress, but neither worked. I tried a burn cream, didn't work. Any suggestions?
    I have lavender, rose, jasmine, sandalwood, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary and geranium essential oils. And I have almost every common dried kitchen herb known to man....mostly from the garden but also a few from the gourmet market (still whole).

Re: Eeep skin help!?

You could try lavender cut with some carrier oil--if you are already that red, I wouldn't use it straight.

Is it a chemical burn, or is it just a skin reaction?

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know...based on past experience, it's a reaction because it usually goes away after a day....I just don't have that long.

Comment

You *could* try lavender and geranium oil in a carrier--those are the only ones out of your list that are good for problems like this, but I don't know if it will work in your timeline...
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Yikes!

Mint with cold, to try to sooth it might help, too.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=295.msg3136#msg3136 date=1287167098]
            You *could* try lavender and geranium oil in a carrier--those are the only ones out of your list that are good for problems like this, but I don't know if it will work in your timeline...
            [/quote]

Thanks! That helped...it's still a bit red but the irritation is gone so I can use some foundation to even it out.

I just want to feel pretty because I've been feeling like such a troll lately. Now what to wear....

Comment

Cucumbers help.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

nair is evil. I used it once on my chest and followed the directions to the letter because I'm anal like that, and got a huge chemical burn. I used a small amount to see if I would have any reaction and all that jazz on the bottle, but it lies. All these chemical things don't do crap for me. It's like with my acne, all acne medication lies; never did jack except make me sick and burn walking to school.

but nair was a horror story ;_;

Comment

[quote author=Hoho link=topic=295.msg4170#msg4170 date=1287394831]
                  nair is evil. I used it once on my chest and followed the directions to the letter because I'm anal like that, and got a huge chemical burn. I used a small amount to see if I would have any reaction and all that jazz on the bottle, but it lies. All these chemical things don't do crap for me. It's like with my acne, all acne medication lies; never did jack except make me sick and burn walking to school.

but nair was a horror story ;_;
                  [/quote]

I really don't know what I was thinking. I should have known by the smell alone that it wasn't bleach.

Waxing would have been better!

Comment

Working...
                  X