Osama Bin Laden Dead 5/01/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osama Bin Laden Dead 5/01/2011

Al-Qaeda founder and leader Osama Bin Laden is killed by US ground forces in Pakistan, President Barack Obama says.

So surreal! Listening to the Radio right now.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead 5/01/2011

watching on CNN....wow...just wow
    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I'm incredulous. Anymore, bin Laden is like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Osama is trying to assert his Presidency. AFAIC, if this is the sort of thing we can expect to see every time he delivers bad news (raising taxes, this time around), I say keep up the good work...that's better than any of the formers have given us.

Comment

Hassan Bin Laden will be taking over now....
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Usma Bin Laden is dead

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01...d-say-sources/
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: Usma Bin Laden is dead

Yup, it was on here last night. About time this 10 year long game of hide and seek came to a close.
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

yeah - I didn't see the other posting until after I posted this. I never get to be the first one with good news...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I could say more but I believe this sums it up.

Just wanted to add, outstanding work SEAL team 6! And same to all your support teams too.
                  Last edited by Monk; 02 May 2011, 04:17.
                  Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

yeah go us! we pissed off al queda some more! it doesn't end with osama... we need to take out his whole organization.
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

One down many to go.

But it's good one to add to the "Finished" column.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        yeah - I didn't see the other posting until after I posted this. I never get to be the first one with good news...
                        lol, I merged them...I think its exciting enough news to post twice.

...although, I have some question as to the productivity of celebrating someone's death, regardless of how hated they are, and how deserving of that hatred they may be...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah - it's unfortunate that there are people in the world who do things so monumentally horrendous that entire nations end up wanting them dead...

Did the destruction of the towers achieve the ends that Usama wanted? All I can say is - I hope not.

Comment

I really don't think this will change all that much. He was already pretty powerless, hiding in the mountains. With all the drones we've been sending out, I think the bigger piece of news is that he was still alive until yesterday. Terrorist organizations do not rely on a single leader. The death of Bin Laden does not mean the end of terrorism or the beginning of peace in the Middle East anymore than the death of Saddam Hussein did. There will still be terrorism and conflict and war. I don't find this worth celebrating.

Comment

I woke up to the news all over Facebook and Twitter (though, most of my Twitter is News outlets). BIG deal!

Comment

Working...
                              X