This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FERMENTATION!! Yeah!

Has anyone tried black garlic? I guess it's not technically fermented, although the packaging I saw at Trader Joe's had stated it was. It just looks scary to me, being all black when garlic usually looks white-ish.

Comment

Re: FERMENTATION!! Yeah!

Originally posted by Arella View Post
      Has anyone tried black garlic? I guess it's not technically fermented, although the packaging I saw at Trader Joe's had stated it was. It just looks scary to me, being all black when garlic usually looks white-ish.
      I've eaten it, but I've never tried making it. The garlic in it is very mild, and it has a sort of caramelised sweetish tinge along with a slightly odd texture. It's too subtle for cooking (but then I love my traditional garlic, so I could be biased) but I put it in salad dressings and the like and it was real nice with olive oil and vino cotto on bread.

Comment

Re: Fermentation and Food Preservation

I edited the title of this thread and I going to be merging a few threads together...

But in the mean time, YOU CAN CAN BUTTER!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X