Staying organized on your computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Staying organized on your computer

Yeah I can second that. I don't even leave stuff on my regular hard drive without backup....everything has a copy on an external. And I agree about not leaving anything too sensitive in the cloud as well.

Comment

Now it's got waaaay too technical for me.... you'll be using words like marmalade and corrugated next....
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The "Cloud" is a relatively new concept. Basically, it means that instead of storing your documents/music/pictures/whatever on your computer, you store them online somewhere so that no matter what device you're using (phone, home computer, work computer, etc) you have access to your documents.

It has problems

Comment

Thank you for explaining to me Rok.... I do want to stick with this and see if I can learn some new things!
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

It also has its benefits though. As long as it's not something top-secret, and you make sure you keep updated copies on a hard drive, it can be really convenient. I'm the kind of person who works a lot digitally and aside from my laptop, I have an iPhone and an old iPhone I use as an iPod (which still gets wireless) and I don't like to lug my computer everywhere. Storing stuff in the "cloud" means I can work on things anywhere. I'd really love to get a tablet as well, and this would totally increase this sort of stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X