new buisness idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new buisness idea

would you buy these? i made them for mothersday and i was told that it would make a good buisness idea... so i was wondering if anyone of you would buy them if so for what price? it takes arond $7.00 to make one.
    Attached Files
    yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    For the right price maybe
    0%
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: new buisness idea

make sure you let people know what stones they are. however i did notice if you hover over the thumbnails it shows the filename which in this case is the stone type.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

It really depends on how you want to do business. I'll see if I can dig up my link about how to build a business plan (I'm going to have a business myself by the end of the summer at the latest).
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I wouldn't buy one because I make jewelry & so don't buy it, but you might want to try setting up an Esty shop (www.etsy.com).

As far as price goes, go to Etsy and run a search for "wire wrapped pendant." Take a look at prices for similar objects and that will give you a good idea of what they are going for.

Good luck!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I from time to time make things to sell also, currently I'm making hand sewn leather pouches that are made to wear around your neck. Sometimes I sell by consignment and other times to stores that buys my stuff outright. I make less money with places that just buy them than the consignment but it's less of a headache for me than trying to collect the money later. I'm not interested in doing it full time so this works out for me. You may want to consider this just to test your market with little investment to you other than your materials cost. I set my price in my head before I go into the store so I know what price range would cover my cost, make me happy, and make my product sell able to the store. If things go well then later on if you want you can start your own business on a larger scale such as handling all ends of it yourself.
          To answer your question "Would I buy this" I would say yes.
          Good luck! I hope this is of some help.
          Last edited by Monk; 09 May 2011, 07:45.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

No, I wouldn't. My wife is a silversmith so it's very rare that either of us buy jewelry, especially something that is so quickly and easily made.

Don't forget that it doesn't matter how skilled you are, if you don't know good business practices you will fail. Definitely consider taking business courses before you start your own.
            Re: Living History Blog
            Ancient Celtic Clans

Comment

Originally posted by Gobae View Post
              Don't forget that it doesn't matter how skilled you are, if you don't know good business practices you will fail. Definitely consider taking business courses before you start your own.
              This. Or at least read a lot of business blogs and stuff. There's a wealth of information out there and a lot of the "flesh" of what I learn in business school is out there in basic, accessible form on the web, you just have to know when to start. Etsy actually has a TON of stuff on their site to read, from stuff about pricing, book keeping, promoting....all that fun stuff. I'd say to start with the stuff on there, then expand on that stuff from there.

Comment

Working...
              X