Northern Americana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Americana

This Thursday, as in... two days from now? Damn it! I'll be working night shift. I'm off Friday, though.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Well, it looks like things may take a little longer than anticipated - the blog has more info...I'd reproduce it here, but as is I'm only going to get about 6 hours of sleep before finding someplace to get a new battery (no, I did not leave the bike turned on).

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Actually, come to think of it, it shouldn't be a problem at all - my sister has offered me a place to crash for a few days, and she lives in Astoria - not too far away unless I miss my guess, and since I'll have a few days it'll make it easier to find a good time to hook up

I will probably also be spending an extended amount of time in Spokane, just because I have so many friends/family up there - if anyone is in the area, give me a shout!

Comment

I'm off every day.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Which Thunder Bay are you going to, Rok? If it's the one in Michigan, near Alpena, you'll be in my backyard, almost.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

BDC: Why not go to the site and look at the map? (Just to let everyone know - the only reason I'm pushing the site so much is that I have a few banners there to generate gas money...this trip will not be possible without traffic

In answer to your question, yes - it'll be right up near Michigan. I'll be hitting Thunder Bay and then going south of the Great Lakes to get to Niagara Falls. After that, back into Canada and on to Nova Scotia.

(of course, all of this is provided that I can get (and keep) my bike back on the road)

Comment

Juni: Obviously I overestimated my ability - I'm in Astoria right now, so if you'd like to get together sometime this week that'd be easily doable - I expect to be here 2-3 days, so shoot me an email or post a message on my blog if you want to get together. I haven't been able to be diligent about checking PF

Comment

Holy crap, Rok...how the heck did I miss this?!

I took a look, and you're not coming through Idaho, but if for some reason you decide to on the way home, I will be more then happy for a visit! It'll be fun to follow along
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I didn't check your route, but are driving through Cairo by any chance?
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                    Holy crap, Rok...how the heck did I miss this?!

I took a look, and you're not coming through Idaho, but if for some reason you decide to on the way home, I will be more then happy for a visit! It'll be fun to follow along
                    Well, I'll be in Spokane and heading north from there. How far away are you guys? I might be able to make it happen - esp if you're up on the panhandle.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    I didn't check your route, but are driving through Cairo by any chance?
                    Sorry D - I've got my ocean-going tires on backorder, but they're damned expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                      Well, I'll be in Spokane and heading north from there. How far away are you guys? I might be able to make it happen - esp if you're up on the panhandle.
                      Nope, sorry....we're down in SE Idaho, about an hour from Yellowstone. Maybe some other time

Comment

I'll see where the trip takes me...if Canada is too cold, I'll end up having to dip south anyway and maybe I'll be passing through your neck of the woods.

That being said, I may have to cut the trip short. I don't have many details yet and have NOT called things off yet, but I got a callback for a Server Engineer position in Vegas and it pays better than the last job I had. If I were to get this, GG and myself will be back on track with where we should be financially, so I absolutely can not pass it up. As much as it sucks, money makes the world go 'round...

Comment

Palo Duro State Park in Canyon Texas. It's like a mini Grand Canyon. It's Awesome

Comment

I'm leaving at 4 a.m. for NY/NJ, back Monday night. I'm excited!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Amber: Thanks for that - if I make it that far I'll put it on my list of "to see"

HawkFeathers: Due to the speed that I'm currently going, I probably won't be able to meet you there I got a job interview that I have to wait to hear back on before leaving Oregon, and I'll probably be in Washington for at least a week or two

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

A little help?
                              Hey folks- just took a peek at my bank account...it's abysmal Not sure if I'll be able to continue the trip much further unless I find work somewhere.

If it's not too much trouble can some of you folks just go to the blog (even if you're not going to read it) and maybe even click on one of the Google ads? In the last week I've made $.01...that won't get me very far, I'm afraid

Comment

Rok, I'm not seeing said ads, when I did yesterday. Not sure if my computer is blocking them, or if it's an issue on your end.

Comment

Working...
                                X