Cycling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cycling!

I'm thinking about cycling to Copenhagen in September if I can get used to more long haul trips! I need to be able to average about 100 km a day and then I'm set (I did 60 yesterday and I could pull it off but I was really tired and a bit sore today). I figure September should be good though....I don't think I'll be ready next month and my family is visiting for most of August, but September is usually passable in terms of weather in this part of the world.

Comment

I haven't ridden a bike since I was 12 years old! So 21 years without being on a bike makes me a tad scared to get back on one! But hubby and I have been talking about getting some since our neighborhood has sidewalks all around it

Comment

We're lucky in that we have a lot of bike lanes....I never feel comfy biking on the sidewalk because we have too many people! But I do sometimes if the road is too dangerous and I have to turn and it's safer to cross earlier.

Googling lied to me....the way to Copenhagen by bike is 630 km....so I really have to get trained to go!

Comment

That's a long ride! Luckly I live in the suburbs so our sidewalks in my neighbor hood rarely have people on it. And if nothing else the park close to our house has flat bike trails.

Comment

Sounds cool...you should do it if you enjoy it! It's really great exercise and a nice way to get fresh air.

I cycled to a nearby lake yesterday. I haven't done a bike ride just for fun (not transportation) since I was a teenager and I really enjoyed it. I think I did about 60 km total!

Comment

I only have a bicycle for now. It's 5 miles (about 8 km) to work, and the same home. If I have to go too far, there's always the bus. Saving to get a Fatboy. Then, LOOK OUT Tampa.
              Sleep, my friend, and you will see
              That dream is my reality

Comment

Fatboys are crazy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Took my bike out on the coastpath the other day, So much more fun than walking
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

And faster!

Comment

Working...
                    X