This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Converting Wiccans back to Catholicism

Then I'll have to find the information. Any online documentation?

You are right about the Arian part...
    Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 02 Jun 2011, 22:11.

Comment

What information are you looking for exactly? A copy of the Theodosian edict, proof of its date, proof of Theodosius' dates, the Arian heresy or hesiod's THeogeny, or something else?
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The information about the Roman Chapters of the Malleus Maleficarum. From Augustus era.
        Or some research about it.
        Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 02 Jun 2011, 22:21.

Comment

Try finding a copy of the 'The flying phallus and the laughing inquisitor: penis theft in the Malleus Maleficarum'.
          Journal of Folklore Research. It's by Moira Smith 2002. If you can access JSTOR through your local library you should be able to find it.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

thank you will read it, when I get to a big enough library to find it.

Comment

Personally, I'd say that anybody who wants to claim that they are right and others are wrong has an obligation to prove it. I don't see how that can be done with a religion...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

How about converting Catholics back to the Old Ways?
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  How about converting Catholics back to the Old Ways?
                  Catholics are already pagans, they just don't know it. Ask a Protestant...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ah, yes...the "Which brand of Jesus do YOU worship?" debate...

....always entertaining
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

P.S. - the best way to bring witches and wiccans to Christ and his church is to offer free food (preferably vegetarian) and beer. And later on in the evening, don't disturb the couples hanging out in the confessionals.
                      *Ahem*

Though I don't think Paradiso or its organizers have much to do with Jesus haha.

I also know a few Londoners who go to these events, but I think also it has a lot to do with mocking church. They don't have a liquor license (or so I'm told) so you have to "enter a raffle" to "win" drinks (which everyone does), and then you party it up on sunday afternoon....at least that's how it started. It seems from this page that it's a bit more "established" now. At least I think this is the right place:
                      Last edited by DanieMarie; 03 Jun 2011, 04:44.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Personally, I'd say that anybody who wants to claim that they are right and others are wrong has an obligation to prove it. I don't see how that can be done with a religion...
                        Good for you. Personally, I'd say that those whose complaints are based on less than half a summary and a misrepresentation there should probably do enough background research to make a case. However, so far we have one poster taking the name of the publisher as an assault on non-Catholics, another poster taking a single sentence describing part of Wicca's theoretical allure to the young and using it to suggest the Catholic Church is making a blanket statement that the alluring qualities of Wicca are evil and finally my favorite poster of all who has decided that a book designed to educate and help persuade is a prelude to the Catholic Church overthrowing secular governments and washing the streets with the blood of heretics and non believers.

Far be it from me to suggest the Catholic Church is the penultimate human institution but their idiocy does not grant free license to engage in equal idiocy.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          ...However, so far we have one poster taking the name of the publisher as an assault on non-Catholics, another poster taking a single sentence describing part of Wicca's theoretical allure to the young and using it to suggest the Catholic Church is making a blanket statement that the alluring qualities of Wicca are evil and finally my favorite poster of all who has decided that a book designed to educate and help persuade is a prelude to the Catholic Church overthrowing secular governments and washing the streets with the blood of heretics and non believers...
                          No, MaskedOne, what you have here is somebody (me) laughing at the silly blurb for a book - which explains that funny thing I did where I quoted the blurb and then responded to it.

Comment

Your intent and your text fail to match up, your response was not funny. It was more than a little irritating. As it stands though, your less than humorous misuse of that line is only a fragment of my problem with this thread and would probably have been left alone if Taiga did not start his Inquisition speeches.

Of course Christians will attempt to convert Pagans, its a fracking divine command to spread the message of their deity. It's predictable that they will publish literature providing information on their audience to those intending to take up the role of missionary. How is either of these points any more silly than half the practices carried out by members of this board? Where is the evidence that this particular text is not well researched and well written?

And before I forget, this question is specifically to Taiga, where in hell is the evidence that Catholic Church has the ability and will to start handing out executions for heresy in modern times?

Are we reviving the bash Christian trend on Paganforum or instituting a new trend of "I can make specious attacks with minimal evidence for ****s and giggles" trend? I'm failing to see how this thread has accomplished anything else.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

PS I happen to have some really awesome Catholic friends who entertain more modern, liberal beliefs. And some family who are a little less so, but still kind, accepting people nonetheless. I'm open about my beliefs with the former, and with the latter I simply don't discuss it and they don't push theirs on me. I don't think it's fair to criticize Catholics as a whole

Comment

Wow...can't believe I missed a "Burning Times" debate. Good job keeping it civil, folks.

As for the OP...that is pretty darn hilarious. Bible Belters have been publishing similar stuff for years...I wonder if they used any of it for source material? LOL
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X