Talking without deciding to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking without deciding to.

i was already scolded for posting in places where they dont belong so if this is wrong i apologize. I couldnt think of anywhere else to put this.

ok so this my sound really weird. and its prolly nothing more like a Freudian slip.

but i was at work last weekend and we were talking about "supernatural' things. with little input from me cause my stories and beliefs freak people out.

anyway. while they were talking about 'spirits' i kinda tuned out still listening and inputting the 'wows' and 'omgs' in the right places and started paying attention to my guide. i have a wolf guide. i had my hand on him when i went to respond to something she said and what came out was 'what a good puppy'

which is REALLY wierd cause I NEVER call my wolf a puppy. i said it low so she didnt hear me and i was able to pass it off well but still... it was odd.... and it seems really... degrading for me to say that to him.. i'm usually more respectful.... its just weird all around...
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: Talking without deciding to.

Are you asking what we think happened? Because it seems like if you tuned out of the conversation, the freudian slip that you mentioned was probably the most likely scenario, I think.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

How is it degrading?
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

What is the point of your post?
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I would assume "degrading" in the same way as calling a 50 year old man "boy" or a 30 year old woman "girl" or something...at least that's how I read it.

I suppose the question is probably more slated for non-Atheists, but I'll offer up what I can

It sounds to me like you were being comforted by your totem and in that moment of peace just relaxed a bit. I talk to dogs pretty frequently and as long as they're behaving, I usually say "good puppy" or something like that. I expect it's probably a mix of the two concepts. Personally I wouldn't put any stock in it, but that's what Atheists always say

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
            I would assume "degrading" in the same way as calling a 50 year old man "boy" or a 30 year old woman "girl" or something...at least that's how I read it.

I suppose the question is probably more slated for non-Atheists, but I'll offer up what I can

It sounds to me like you were being comforted by your totem and in that moment of peace just relaxed a bit. I talk to dogs pretty frequently and as long as they're behaving, I usually say "good puppy" or something like that. I expect it's probably a mix of the two concepts. Personally I wouldn't put any stock in it, but that's what Atheists always say
            This is what I was thinking too

Comment

After some thought, I suppose it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your guide. Is it a more formal, arms-length kind of relationship, or does your guide often give you more casual affection and comfort?

If it's a formal relationship, and you are getting the feeling from him that you've offended him, apologize. If not, relax & stop worrying/analyzing.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I think roknrol had an interesting point, but I would really like to hear back from the OP about it and see if he was on the right track or not. I'm still wondering what you meant at.
                It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

yeah Rok is right. about why i feel its degrading.
                  I'm finally starting to have a nice relationship with my wolf (after many years of fearing him due to my 'christian' upbringing)
                  i don't think he took it in a bad way i just felt disrespectful for saying it. it hasn't hurt our relationship. i'm glad of that.
                  "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Working...
                  X