This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This is the latest cartoon series of the My Little Pony franchise and is surprisingly good. And as some of you probably already know, it's developed a large fan following on the internet. So, how many others on here have been watching? For those of you that haven't seen it yet, here's one of the better episode:

As a side note, Lauren Faust, the producer and writer for season one of MLP:FIM, was also a writer for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Power Puff Girls.
    Last edited by Shadow Dragon; 08 Jun 2011, 12:24.
    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I didn't even know they had done this!!! I don't know if I want to watch it and spoil happy memories. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

OMG My Little Pony was like my FAVORITE toy when I was little, and they had a show and I actually cried when it got cancelled.

Comment

Oh, I'm so showing my daughter this. She got her first MLPs at Christmas and loves them.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I've just finished watching S1 of this, and it is SO COOL! I feel like such a dork but MLP was my favourite show as a kid, so this is full of awesome nostalgia. It's also really clever

Comment

I love this show. When I was a child I loved My Little Pony.
            -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I was a MLP freak when I was little LOL. I remember giving some of my old ones (which, BTW, look totally different then todays MLP) to my daughter and she looked at me and said "mommy, these arn't REAL my little ponies! You can have them back"

Comment

Not a show I currently watch. It does seem to be intruding on my internet time though. It's popular enough to acquire the attention of Spacebattles posters resulting in threads such as

Ponyhammer 40K discussion

Justice Society of Equestria

Babylon 5: The Equestrian Chronicle (Story Building Thread)

for starters. Toss in at least one vs debate where the Princess are smashing sci-fi fleets by brute telekinetic strength, the several creative writing threads dealing with MLP that I didn't search out and that Pony avatars have become very popular on SB and I have source material for some very weak jokes about how a children's cartoon is attempting to corrupt Spacebattles.

EDIT: Pony avatars were very popular, not seeing quite as many as last week so that trend may be fading.
                Last edited by MaskedOne; 18 Jun 2011, 08:31.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X