• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Connect Question

Does it work or what?

Re: Facebook Connect Question

Originally posted by mybodymyself View Post
    Does it work or what?
    Very much doubt it as it isn't working for me!

Comment

Re: Facebook Connect Question

I am SO sorry it has taken this long for anyone to reply to this question. As with most of us, there's just too much going on all at once to try and remember to troubleshoot those things that aren't blatantly poking us in the chest.

Okay, maybe not. But it sounded good when I thought of it.

So: Facebook "Connect" does NOT work. We've not set it up.

The reason is pretty straight forward, actually. The option to connect the forum with facebook would provide an influx of new users (Sweet!!) but those new users, really, would have no choice but to use their facebook log-in information (Not good!!!). Real names. Some people are okay with giving out their name; some aren't. At this time, we respect everyone's privacy MUCH more than facebook does.

However, the option to "Like" a thread, and therefor have it published to facebook, is part of that "Connect" package. We would like to keep the option, for people to "Like" something they find here, without risking any privacy (real name) issues of others.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
      X