This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

i like your approach here AZ,that would be a nice thing for getting to a books heart and attraction to readers
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Islamic Demons

I read this book Legends of the Fire Spirits while I was practicing Islam for a few months I felt like I had excluded it all my life because I've researched every religion I could find so I thought I would give Islam a try and of course me being dark minded and all I always gravitate towards the dark sides of religion I found this book which I lovingly refer to as the satanic koran thats just my own name for it though. I really enjoyed it and if you've ever wondered about the devils of Islam Legends of the Fire Spirits will explain it all to you its very thorough and enjoyable! I highly recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Fire-Spirits-Genies-Zanzibar/dp/1582436320

Last edited by Austin.Apollo; 11 Feb 2019, 11:38.
      whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Re: Islamic Demons

guessing that is about the jinn,i have read about then in sufi practice and the trance of the durvish

- - - Updated - - -

the jinn were created before humans out of energy,fire and other elements,some times smoke also
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

this forum :derp:
          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
            I read this book Legends of the Fire Spirits while I was practicing Islam for a few months I felt like I had excluded it all my life because I've researched every religion I could find so I thought I would give Islam a try and of course me being dark minded and all I always gravitate towards the dark sides of religion I found this book which I lovingly refer to as the satanic koran thats just my own name for it though. I really enjoyed it and if you've ever wondered about the devils of Islam Legends of the Fire Spirits will explain it all to you its very thorough and enjoyable! I highly recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Fire-Spirits-Genies-Zanzibar/dp/1582436320

I read The Vengeful Djinn years ago. It's always kinda stuck with me. It has a lot of the quasi science you see on those alien TV shows, but it was interesting.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              I read The Vengeful Djinn years ago. It's always kinda stuck with me. It has a lot of the quasi science you see on those alien TV shows, but it was interesting.
              Yeah I have never read it but I know the kind of stuff your talking about. The legend of the fire spirits is the exact opposite mostly its very fundamental and superstitous they still believe Jinn sit on their toilets in the middle east and if they sit on them with out asking them to move they will be punished. But they also have a section on a place from where Im from kentucky thats studies islam I cant remember the name of where they are trying to scientifically prove the existence of the jinn world in some kind of plasma from outer space or in the atmoshphere or something.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have two books that I recommend as gateways into the world of conspiracy theories one is the ORIGINAL conspiracy theory book and its titled "Behold a Pale horse" supposedly the CIA said the author of this book was the most dangerous man alive and government officials ran him off the road and broke his legs and threatened to kill him at one point in time and eventually I think he was killed. You can read it for free online if you search google for read behold a pale horse its just a plain white text page but the book was published in the 70s I think. and the next book is nearly brand new and it actually had one conspiracy in it come true after it was published its called the wal mart conspiracy someone noticed government people doing strange things at old wal marts and they thought they were planning to imprison and enslave us all or something it turned out to be the illegal aliens but they were right something was going on and they published the book before they locked up all the families. the title is "The New World Order Book" author is Nick Redfern
              whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

School: Fundamentals of Funeral Directing. Types of Funeral Services. Embalming.

Fun: Stygian (I'm literally just starting this one). Just got done with Time's Convert. I felt like the historical bits in Time's Convert just got really long. And I kind of wish Diana had taken Marcus back for a final goodbye with his family. Maybe in a future book?
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

I'm still in the middle of Heroes by Stephen Fry because I haven't been reading much lately. Next on the docket is definitely Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller though.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think the last time I posted in this thread I mentioned reading the first game of thrones book. Still reading it, around halfway through now. This book is so long.
                    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      I think the last time I posted in this thread I mentioned reading the first game of thrones book. Still reading it, around halfway through now. This book is so long.
                      This was the book that really got me into audiobooks. I could never read them, which is really weird for me, but I could totally listen to them while working.

Comment

The Zones of Thought series (Fire Upon the Deep, Children of the Sky, A Deepness in the Sky) by Vernor Vinge.

If you like sweeping space opera, cultures spread out across the galaxy separated by thousands of years of travel time, well constructed alien species, and the far future of tech, these are for you. Very well done, and thought provoking.

I wanna join the Qeng Ho!

- - - Updated - - -

The Zones of Thought series (Fire Upon the Deep, Children of the Sky, A Deepness in the Sky) by Vernor Vinge.

If you like sweeping space opera, cultures spread out across the galaxy separated by thousands of years of travel time, well constructed alien species, and the far future of tech, these are for you. Very well done, and thought provoking.

I wanna join the Qeng Ho!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I need to get into audio books. I'm too lazy to sit down and read. I do enough reading everywhere else. But there are some really awesome sounding books and series out there that I want to be part of.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I need to get into audio books. I'm too lazy to sit down and read. I do enough reading everywhere else. But there are some really awesome sounding books and series out there that I want to be part of.
                            I have so many suggestions! I love audiobooks, but both the book and the narration has to be engaging for me to be interested. I have an audible subscription and I love it.

I'll type up a list if you're interested later.

Mostly art.

Comment

I really enjoyed The name of the wind by Patrick rothfuss, read by Nick Phodel. It took a little getting used to cause I'd read the book and had a different voice in my head But if you like fantasy I'd definitely recommend that
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

We've started doing this, mostly because my husband has started listening to them at work. I suggest looking into the elibrary for your local library network, if you have one, and checking out some audiobooks on there to see if you like them. If you decide to buy some, there are a few options. You can just straight out purchase them. Amazon partners with Audible and you can buy the ebook copies and get a significant discount on the audiobook, so that's one route. Or you can sign up for a monthly plan with audible and get a free audiobook for starting. Then you get one credit a month which equals one book.

Currently, we have the Game of Thrones series, the Mists of Avalon, most of the Harry Potter books, the Discovery of Witches series, and Gaiman's Norse Mythology series. I've listened to Anansi Boys and American Gods through the library. I've tried listening to a few self help type books as well, but couldn't get into them as audiobooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X