X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

This:

I read the first volume and loved it. Now reading the second volume and I am really loving it.
    -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss.

I've been working on it for a while, but I'm hoping to finish it soon in favour of reading Stephen Fry's autobio.

Mostly art.

Comment

Dave Freer - Forlorn and a Mankind Witch

World of Druids

Flash Programming guide

Comment

Reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin, as far as post-apocalyptic writing goes, it's pretty great.
          Also, want to get into more sciece fiction, has anyone read HP Lovecraft, HG Wells or any of that old school stuff? Any recommendations?

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this now. I wish I could erase my memory of The Witching Hour and read it all over again. Is there a sequel? Have you read Queen of The Damned?

Comment

Just finished Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah. Much to think about -- excellent read.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I am considering purchasing this today.
              http://www.lulu.com/shop/nicanthiel-...-20589443.html

Comment

At the moment,
                Game of Thrones book 3 (don't remember the real title)
                Prose Edda
                Wait For Me (chick lit)

I got a kindle for Christmas so I'm having fun playing with that and finding free books to download. I mostly love to read, unless the writing's terrible I'll read damn near anything.

Comment

The Puppet Masters, by Heinlein. One of my favorites... Next to Starship Troopers.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The last fiction was Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford, and it was a masterfully rendered story, imo.
                    About to finish Working with Inner Light, by William Gray, in my non-fiction stack, about 25 pages to go. It is worthy, imo.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

A Feast of Crows, George RR Martin
                      The Book of Runes, Ralph Blum

Mostly art.

Comment

Just finished a reread of Carrie. Still working very slowly through The Witching Hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and for English I have to read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse and Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry Thoreau.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Oh, a lotta things. I just finished Man and His Symbols,​ and now I'm making slow but sure progress on a good number of books.

Comment

Something From the Nightside.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The Druidry Handbook

Comment

Currently reading Celtic Magic by DJ Conway. Have owned it for almost 10 years and never picked it up to read until now.

Comment

Working...
                                X