Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by iris View Post
    Started re reading Harry Potter have done that for a while
    I need to do that!
    baah.

Comment

I'm on about chapter 3 or 4 of The Fellowship of The Rings.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Forgot. I'm now onto book 3 of Extinction Cycle (Extinction Age). The Ebola variants are at it again.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Finished "Moominland Midwinter" and liked it. Going to read the other ones too!
          baah.

Comment

Was it the illustrated version with drawings of the characters? A girl in my neighborhood always has her hair up in a high bun and I always think of Little My when I see her!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Was it the illustrated version with drawings of the characters? A girl in my neighborhood always has her hair up in a high bun and I always think of Little My when I see her!
              Yes, it was! I love those drawings.
              Here that hairstyle is actually called 'Little My bun' because it is so similar! (And the town I live in has a shopping centre that is named after Little My.)
              baah.

Comment

Priestess of the white by trudi canavan. I read it when I was about 14, so it's been a while and I don't remember much of it.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Ah! That takes me back... I'm currently re-reading Harry Potter: as Marion Bradley once wrote, you're never to old to have a happy childhood.

I've also got "Dead man's watch", by George and Margaret Cole, from the library. It was written in 1931: I love vintage detection, probably because my mother had shelves of Agatha Christie, Ngaio March, Mignon Eberhart, etc.

Comment

I recently read "Man Overboard, Confessions of a Novice Math Teacher in the Bronx," by Ric Klass. It was his memoirs and I chose it for an English assignment. His sarcastic, cynical tone made it an entertaining read. I chose that particular book because it was the only biography/autobiography/memoir written by a teacher in the university library. Did I mention I've decided I want to be a teacher?
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Finally on to a new audiobook! Going to start listening to The Deep by Nick Cutter. Spooky weird stuff here I come!

Comment

Picked these up yesterday. About to finish up the Chomsky book. Can't wait to read Democracy Now! though. I love Amy Goodman.

Comment

Had to read "Sundiata, an Epic of Old Mali" for history class recently. It's a quasi-historical/fantastical account of how Sundiata Keita centralized the Mali Empire. For required reading, it was a pretty fun read, although I didn't much care for the author's writing style.

Now that the semester is over and I have time to read for pleasure for a bit, I might pick up Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour" again. I started that damn book like four years ago and still haven't finished it. Or maybe I'll read Stephen King's "The Talisman" instead. I could go to the library and find something, but those @#%#es denied me a job, so fiddle-de-doo to them.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler. So yeah, you might think I'm crazy, but I had to know what this idiot was thinking when he was living. So far, I'm interested, but he was totally crazy from the get go.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Listening to Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie. I'm guessing it's children turn into vampires but other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler. So yeah, you might think I'm crazy, but I had to know what this idiot was thinking when he was living. So far, I'm interested, but he was totally crazy from the get go.
                                It is an important book,in that it is a lesson on how crazy sometimes grows again from neglect of seeing the signs of its birth again.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X