Thread: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I do believe that was a large part in why. There were even parts in the first six that somewhat lost my interest. Usually when things got overly mystical. It felt a bit rushed.
    I tried reading this series aloud to me SOs and it didn't go well. I never noticed when I was reading it but it was a lot of walking through the snow, walking through the snow, FUN, riding in a boat, riding in a boat, FUN and just too much detail between the interesting bits. I guess I skimmed quite a bit when I was reading it.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Too many books to count right now. Lol! Though I am thinking about reading The House with the Clock in the Walls. I saw it yesterday in theaters and loved it.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Vox by Christina Dalcher. I got it from the library yesterday & read it cover-to-cover.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Companioning the Mourner....

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    Companioning the Mourner....
    I want you to know that I pretty much picture you as Morticia Addams these days.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

So visual VOL.

- - - Updated - - -

i keep thinking this song is talking to me,

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Maybe a cross between Morticia and Molly Weasly. I could go with that.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Ron's MOM,YEAH!!
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy.

I also managed to squeak in a kinky erotica throughout this last week, but just barely and I couldn't even tell you the plot if I thought about... something like sex, sex, talk, sex, sex. For being asexual... I read a lot of sexy books.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

You are reminding me of the series six feet under,great HBO series. one of my fasves
    Mark Twain