This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I just finished William Ritters Jackaby series and I bawled. Full blown tears couldn't help it. Such a wonderful light-hearted, serious series. I mean how can you not love a Sherlock-spin off? I never finished Mist of Avalon.. I have no idea why but one day I just stopped. I wish I could listen to audiobooks. I can if I'm in the car for a long road trip but for everyday tasks nope can't do it! I have to focus on the book. I can't do anything else.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm rereading Speak, as well as the Karen Chance novels (again.)
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I'm reading Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I'm almost done with it. This is one of the greatest books he has ever written.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I'm reading Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I'm almost done with it. This is one of the greatest books he has ever written.
          He made a movie out of this book.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            He made a movie out of this book.
            They're doing a remake now...
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              They're doing a remake now...
              I know. I heard about the remake.

Comment

So... I've played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game and loved the stories so much that I took fellow fan's advice and started into the books. I'm still on the first book but it's just as captivating to me as the game is.

Since I don't much have the patience these days to sit and read, and have plenty of windshield time for work, I invested into the first book as an audio book. I'm nearly done with it and just purchased the rest of the series. If anyone's interested, here's a link to the guide on which order to read them and where you can buy them (and prices).

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  So... I've played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game and loved the stories so much that I took fellow fan's advice and started into the books. I'm still on the first book but it's just as captivating to me as the game is.

Since I don't much have the patience these days to sit and read, and have plenty of windshield time for work, I invested into the first book as an audio book. I'm nearly done with it and just purchased the rest of the series. If anyone's interested, here's a link to the guide on which order to read them and where you can buy them (and prices).

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...r_books_guide/
                  Ooooh! The last wish is one of my favourite books!

Had band practice with the new band tonight. It was fun. I'm exhausted... spending half an hour picking up broken glass because i accidentally tipped my water bottle was not what u needed.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm reading Uncle Tom's Cabin. It's a very sad story. I'm about 3/4 through it. You see that it is such a very sad story and I look forward to finishing it.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Fundamentals of Funeral Directing: Accounting. I can now say I hate accounting with a passion, but I passed my test.

I haven’t read anything fun in the last couple weeks... maybe it’s time to remedy that. I have exactly 1 week off before school starts again, then it’s 2 weeks of hell where they jam an 8 week course into 2 measly weeks...

I’m thinking of going back home to the Kushiel series for a bit. It’s been awhile since I read it, but it’s so moving for me that I feel I need to again now. Reading it 5-10 times in 2-3 years was a lot.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        Fundamentals of Funeral Directing: Accounting. I can now say I hate accounting with a passion, but I passed my test.

I haven’t read anything fun in the last couple weeks... maybe it’s time to remedy that. I have exactly 1 week off before school starts again, then it’s 2 weeks of hell where they jam an 8 week course into 2 measly weeks...

I’m thinking of going back home to the Kushiel series for a bit. It’s been awhile since I read it, but it’s so moving for me that I feel I need to again now. Reading it 5-10 times in 2-3 years was a lot.
                        I remember when I was in college and studying for business administration and I had to take accounting. I hated it. I'm not a damn math person. Hell I never made it past geometry. You need it though to run a business.

Latest book I'm reading is The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt by Toby Wilkinson.
                        Anubisa

Comment

John Dies in the End.

This is oddly facinating...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The Lotus Quest: In Search of the Sacred Flower

This is an absolutely facinating book. Sure, it's about a flower, but it's a flower which has had cultural and religious significance from the very beginning of culture and religion.
                            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 01 Jun 2019, 04:42.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Delta Force

It was interesting. I think I would have hated Beckwith if I ever dealt with him professionally but his book had some pretty fascinating stuff in it.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yo, has Sapiens been discussed yet?
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment