X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I do believe that was a large part in why. There were even parts in the first six that somewhat lost my interest. Usually when things got overly mystical. It felt a bit rushed.
    I tried reading this series aloud to me SOs and it didn't go well. I never noticed when I was reading it but it was a lot of walking through the snow, walking through the snow, FUN, riding in a boat, riding in a boat, FUN and just too much detail between the interesting bits. I guess I skimmed quite a bit when I was reading it.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Too many books to count right now. Lol! Though I am thinking about reading The House with the Clock in the Walls. I saw it yesterday in theaters and loved it.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Vox by Christina Dalcher. I got it from the library yesterday & read it cover-to-cover.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Companioning the Mourner....
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            Companioning the Mourner....
            I want you to know that I pretty much picture you as Morticia Addams these days.

Mostly art.

Comment

So visual VOL.

- - - Updated - - -

i keep thinking this song is talking to me,

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Maybe a cross between Morticia and Molly Weasly. I could go with that.

Comment

Ron's MOM,YEAH!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy.

I also managed to squeak in a kinky erotica throughout this last week, but just barely and I couldn't even tell you the plot if I thought about... something like sex, sex, talk, sex, sex. For being asexual... I read a lot of sexy books.

Comment

You are reminding me of the series six feet under,great HBO series. one of my fasves

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Safely Embalming an Anthrax Case, Clostridium Deficile, and Tuberculosis, all by Kim Collison. Thankfully, they're all just articles.

Also been reading The Naming by Allison Croggon.

Comment

Voice in the Wild - Laurie Sarkadi

Mostly art.

Comment

Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I was recommended this book by a professor of jewish studies

The Beginnings of Jewishness: Boundaries, Varieties, Uncertainties (Hellenistic Culture and Society)

author Shaye J.D. Cohen
                            whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Re: a great jewish book

Originally posted by Juniper
                              Can you tell us a little bit more about this book? Was it recommended as part of the curriculum? Are you reading it now and what do you think of it, other than "great" as the title suggests. I presume you want to discuss this book but you haven't really given us anything to go on so could you elaborate a little about what you'd like to discuss?
                              Great question! Sorry you shouldn't have to ask. I'm not used to talking to people who may actually have some of the same interests as me so I'm usually not detailed when I bring up something because people just lose interest and move on to something else before I am done speaking. Ok so lets see what I can remember its been over a year since ive read it maybe two. It is a scholarly type of book if you know what I mean its never going to be on a best seller list but if your looking for FACTS its full of them. The main topic of the book is actually explaining very thouroughly and in depth the meaning of three words in greek they were something like Ioudaizen Ioudaizou and something else similar to those two. It compares the hellenes or hellenistic people and the barbarians. It has copies of papers with the descriptions of either christian slaves or christian prisoners and has detailed descriptions of their appearances. it talks about alot of civilizations that I never knew existed and have been planning on looking up online to track down some long lost gods or goddesses that I've never heard of but I love rare and obscure things. It explains some of the words of christ what I remember is "Many are called but few are chosen." This means that many people are called Jews but few people actually are Jews. If you like to read to learn and not just be entertained I would give this book a try I may actually try to read it again eventually but I have been having difficulty focusing lately hopefully I will get it under control. I hope this covers what you were asking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I am antisocial. I'll get the hang of this! I'm not used to people actually wanting to hear what I have to say!
                              whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

****Request sticky*** and rename 'book reviews and recommendations' maybe?

This is to help make all those recommendations locatable.

Please include in your review:

Title:
                                Author:
                                Publish Date:
                                Subject or plot teaser:
                                Your critique:

Comment

Working...
                                X