• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

The Lady of the Tower by Alison Weir
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

The Eldrich Tales collection. HP Lovecraft.

Next up: All the free fairy tale stories I have on my kindle...

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        Tell me about this?

Currently, I'm revisiting Robin Hobbs, the Golden Fool. Even though The Fool is not the main character, he is the most complex and intriguing character I've had the pleasure of reading. Robin Hobbs is a reflective story-teller who writes fantasy in plain english. Her books often contain profound paragraphs that challenge me to see the world from a totally new perspective.
        Hobb is amazing <3 I reread the Farseer/Tawny Man books every few years, I've never come across another fantasy series with such deep, engaging, believable characters.

Comment

The Accidental by Ali Smith... was a little difficult to get in to.. kind of written in stream of consciousness almost.. looks at a family from each person's perspective.. interesting stuff. Just finished Game of Thrones Blood and Gold. Amazing. The new series is on tonight.. probably on in US already? Can't wait!!
          In the mood for something post-apocolyptic though

Comment

I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones because I got tired of half-worrying that certain friends of mine might strangle me in my sleep if I put off reading A Song of Ice and Fire for much longer. xD

In addition to that, I'm actively reading the following:

- The Child Thief, by Brom
            - Quantum Mechanics for Mathematicians, by Leon Takhtajan
            - Introduction to Symplectic Topology, Dusa McDuff and Dietmar Salamon

and passively reading about twelve other books.

For those of you who might want a good science fiction book or ten to read: I highly recommend reading just about anything by Charles Stross. In particular, Glasshouse and his Laundry Files novels are favorites of mine and I can't stress enough how much everyone, ever, should read them...like now...NAO! Dx

Comment

"Walden", By Henry David Thoreau
              "War And Peace", By Leo Tolstoy
              "Notes From The Underground", By Fyodor Dostoyevsky
              "Thesmophoriazusae", By Aristophanes

I read several books at once......

Comment

Just finished the Hunger Games trilogy and so now I'm back to my Kushiel books. I'm at Naamah's Blessing by Jaqueline Carey.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

^Juni, I'm working on Namaah's Kiss currently, between other books because I could honestly spend my life reading this series if I didn't force myself to read other stuff occasionally.

And mentioning other stuff. Sherrilyn Kenyon, a mainstream fantasy romance author for those who aren't familiar, just released a book called Cloak and Silence this week. I am amazed and so so proud. A mainstream romance author, who typically writes your typical heterosexual books, has finally released a homosexual, male on male, book. And it's awesome. Just got done reading this and I'm amazed.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I am currently reading:

"Witchlanders" by Lena Coakley

"The Darkest Minds" by Alexandra Bracken

"Hex Hall" by Rachel Hawkins (Don't read it. It's awful with enough saidisms to drown a cat)

"The Alchemy of Forever" by Avery Williams

Comment

I'm currently re-reading the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix. Working through Lirael right now.

My tablet busted or I'd be working my way through Game of Thrones
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

Thracian Magic past and present by Georgi Mishev
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Finished reading The Life and Death of a Druid Prince, just last night. Finished 'The Fox' a week or so ago. Currently working my way through Game of Thrones, Night of the Witches, the Pentacore, and going to start digging into the Russian Folklore book later tonight when Night of the Witches is finished. ^^

Comment

Cosmopolitan

Comment

About halfway through James Michener's "The Carribean." As I hoped, it really is fleshing out my understanding of that region's past. Next historical fiction I think I'll read is Edward Rutherfurd's "New York."
                              If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                                I'm currently re-reading the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix. Working through Lirael right now.

My tablet busted or I'd be working my way through Game of Thrones
                                Yay! Someone else who knows Garth Nix! I looooove this trilogy, I read it at least once every year. And Lirael is probs my fav book!

Also I read GoT on the tablet as well... We seem to have bookish things in common!
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment