X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Yay! Someone else who knows Garth Nix! I looooove this trilogy, I read it at least once every year. And Lirael is probs my fav book!

Also I read GoT on the tablet as well... We seem to have bookish things in common!
    I've read a few of his books. I was quite fond of this trilogy, but I haven't read it in forever.... heads to bookshelf (thanks for the idea!)
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I saw him at a young writers conference as a kid, and his Sabriel book was posted everywhere, I had to get it!!!

I've also got his whole Keys to the Kingdom series. Very cool!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

hehe ^_^ I've actually moved on from reading that cause it took me maybe two days to read all three books. I'm actually currently working my way through the Shapeshifters series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Hawksong was one of my favorite books in high school, so when I found the complete series in one bound book for only $15 I had to get it lol
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

I recently re-read the first book in the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. If you haven't heard of her, she's great. The first movie in the Mortal Instruments series is coming out soon, and just so y'all know... Cassandra got her start writing fanfiction. She is the author of the "Very Secret Diaries" series. If you haven't read THAT, it's a series of diary entries from different characters who are central to the Lord of the Rings plot. Each character has their own very secret diary, and they are hilarious. I'll link them if anyone is interested.
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
            hehe ^_^ I've actually moved on from reading that cause it took me maybe two days to read all three books. I'm actually currently working my way through the Shapeshifters series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Hawksong was one of my favorite books in high school, so when I found the complete series in one bound book for only $15 I had to get it lol
            I love her books! I'm especially fond of the Den of Shadows series, with Shapeshifters in a close second... it was like my introduction to dark fantasy, if that's a good word for it.

Currently reading You Had Me at Woof. It's a memoir type by a lady that ran a Boston rescue. My dogs a Boston/Frenchie mix (I think Boston Bulldog is the designer term for it), so I was pretty interested. I just started this one, so I'll let everyone know.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
              I recently re-read the first book in the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. If you haven't heard of her, she's great. The first movie in the Mortal Instruments series is coming out soon, and just so y'all know... Cassandra got her start writing fanfiction. She is the author of the "Very Secret Diaries" series. If you haven't read THAT, it's a series of diary entries from different characters who are central to the Lord of the Rings plot. Each character has their own very secret diary, and they are hilarious. I'll link them if anyone is interested.
              Can has link?

Comment

Kissing The Limitless by T. Thorn Coyle

Comment

I'm re-reading Evolutionary Witchcraft and ae discovery of Witches
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I love her books! I'm especially fond of the Den of Shadows series, with Shapeshifters in a close second... it was like my introduction to dark fantasy, if that's a good word for it.
                    I also picked up the Quartet for that as well when I got Shapeshifters lol.

I don't know what I'm about to read. I just finished The Blue Girl by Charles De Lint, and most of my books are now packed away and stored by the military so I'm starting to get all twitchy without a book to read or art to work on >.> I'm like a crack addict with books. Only my habit is at least healthier, but potentially a lot more expensive-though I do have the luxury of being able to re-read books....well....at least when I have them anyways
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm reading three books at the moment. "Waterlogged" by Tim Noakes, "Occult America" by Mitch Horowitz, and probably the most important of the three is my anatomy and physiology textbook as next week I have two final exams for the course!

Comment

Really good biography of Crowley, doesn't put him and his teachings up on a pedestral, but it doesn't demonize him either, just gives a factual account of his life and career, the good and the bad, and goes into a lot of depth about his poetry, mountain climbing, personal life, all the stuff that people usually neglect when talking about it. Would definitely recommend to anyone with an interest in 20th century occultism.

Comment

I cant decide to re-read the Shadow Falls series. And I was hooked on the house of night series. And I never finished, bcuz i decided it wasnt healthy to keep hling myself up and re-reading the books.
                          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I'm thinking about reading some of this Killough-Walden material... anyone read any of her work? A friend recommended it.. but I don't want to shell out a bunch on a series if it's not that good... sample on the Nook I guess.

Comment

I Am a Cat 2 by Natsume Soseki.

Comment

The Goth Bible.Not actually a religious text. Just a comprehensive primer on all things Goth related.

Comment

Working...
                                X