This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs.

Very fun book...

It's particularly fun because it is centered around very weird vintage photographs.

I also just found out that Tim Burton is making it into a movie, so if you want to be cool, read it before the movie comes out...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Eat Pray Love. Again.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Toooooo many books.... Game of Thrones... Dark Lycan.... Styxx.... Can't decide. I can't to read all of them, right now. And I really want to get my hands on some good nonfiction material, it's been too long since I've dug into something that in fantasy land.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Just finished A Grimoire for Modern Cunning Folk: A Practical Guide to Witchcraft on the Crooked Path - Peter Paddon

Ordered Apocalyptic Witchcraft by Peter Grey

Comment

I have many books going right now and many more to read (the downfall of working part time in a bookstore!). I just finished The Witch in Every Woman by Laurie Cabot and the fifth book in The Left Behind Series, which were both excellent.

I'm also currently reading The Cuckoo's Calling and The Force of Kindness.

I have about 3 other books I've started as well but hit a lull and haven't gotten back to them. :nod:

Comment

Evans' God of Ecstasy right now, although it was kind of interrupted by a book called Toxic Parents there for a while.

Comment

I have been reading Titania's Book of Hours - A celebration of the Witch's Year. I picked it up at a second hand book store last weekend and although most of the information I already knew the way it is presented is beautiful and well worth $15 I paid.
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Now that I have my library card..I just picked up two books. The Best of Horror Vol 4 and Steel and other stories by Richard Matheson. One, I have all this free time while on the bus. It's about 2 hours both ways. That's a lot of time for reading. Two, the library is across the way from one of my bus stops. 3, I can now use the internet to put any book on hold and shipped to my local library. 4, OMG Richard Matheson did Steel. AKA Real Steel. WITH HUGH JACKMAN.

My life is complete.
                  I'm already blowing through the short stories!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Biology of Belief and The Theology of Arithmetic, though I plan to read The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind to lighten things up a bit.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear and The Faery Teachings by Orion Foxwood. Each at different times obviously.

Comment

I'm reading "Children of Dune", by Frank Herbert.

I read the first Dune novel years ago, but I wasn't aware that Frank Herbert wrote five more books. Much later, I found out that Kevin J. Anderson had written a slew of others going all the way back to the Butlerian Jihad. I intend to read all of the original Frank Herbert Dune novels. After that, I'll *try* reading a Kevin J. Anderson Dune book. From what I've heard from other Dune fans though, I shouldn't expect too much.
                        If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

I'm currently trying to work my way through The Farseer series by Robin Hobb. Kinda slow start, and I'm dragging my heels cause it was forced on me to read, but it's not horrible so far
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

About halfway through Stephen King's The Dark Half. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, makes me want to keep reading, even if it does creep me out.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Song of Ice and Fire (I'm on feast for crows, LOVE these books)! George Martin! Also, name of the wind and a wise man's fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Comment

The Religion of the Etruscans

I. Introduction: The History of the Study of Etruscan Religion 1
                                Nancy Thomson de Grummond
                                I I . Etruscan Inscriptions and Etruscan Religion 9
                                Larissa Bonfante
                                I I I . Prophets and Priests 27
                                IV. Gods in Harmony: The Etruscan Pantheon 45
                                Erika Simon
                                V. The Grave and Beyond in Etruscan Religion 66
                                Ingrid Krauskopf
                                VI . Votive Offerings in Etruscan Religion 90
                                Jean MacIntosh Turfa
                                VI I . Ritual Space and Boundaries in Etruscan Religion 116
                                Ingrid E. M. Edlund-Berry
                                VIII. Sacred Architecture and the Religion of the Etruscans 132
                                Giovanni Colonna
                                Glossary 169
                                Appendix A: The Etruscan Brontoscopic Calendar 173
                                Jean MacIntosh Turfa
                                Appendix B: Selected Latin and Greek Literary Sources on Etruscan Religion 191
                                Index 219
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X