This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I finished my other book and am reading The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I dont have any new books and most of mine are all still in storage, so I'm reading fanfiction......gods I need help, or a gift card to books a million/half price books/barnes and nobles....one or the other lol
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
        I dont have any new books and most of mine are all still in storage, so I'm reading fanfiction......gods I need help, or a gift card to books a million/half price books/barnes and nobles....one or the other lol
        I write a lot of fanfiction. I'm in my 30's and I still like writing it. I have a crazy obsession with it. ^^ I hope you get a gift card soon and get a new book soon.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I write a lot of fanfiction. I'm in my 30's and I still like writing it. I have a crazy obsession with it. ^^ I hope you get a gift card soon and get a new book soon.
          Me too. I'm almost 40. I write Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Neverwinter Nights. (and smut.....)

Oh and Skyrim.

Comment

Simultaneously the Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami and The Book of Night with Moon by Diane Duane.

Comment

I have a collection of books about the Russian elite forces and units. I enjoy reading those books.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more, some less, but all of them bring joy to the reader.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                Me too. I'm almost 40. I write Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Neverwinter Nights. (and smut.....)

Oh and Skyrim.
                I write a lot of Naruto yaoi at this point in time. I'm just obsessed with it.
                Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post

Oh and Skyrim.
                  NWN1, 2 or both?

1, I tend not to pay much attention to since I never finished the game. 2 was a great game and I've seen some nice fics for it. It also has a couple too many fics trying to redeem a character that should just be incinerated but I might be biased. Bishop annoyed the hell out of me.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    NWN1, 2 or both?

1, I tend not to pay much attention to since I never finished the game. 2 was a great game and I've seen some nice fics for it. It also has a couple too many fics trying to redeem a character that should just be incinerated but I might be biased. Bishop annoyed the hell out of me.
                    I've written only for NWN2, though I've played NWN a few times and I adore Valen Shadowbreath from Hordes of the Underdark as my first pixel boyfriend.

I wrote a Bishop story, but there's no redemption in sight. It's really quite horrifically dark and does NOT have a happy ending, despite being a romance.

I also wrote a mushy as all hell Casavir story too, because I am a mush pants.

Comment

Lol, there are worse things to be in the world and Casavir at least was never a flat out traitor.

Bishop, is just a long lasting pet peeve of mine. He wasn't mechanically useful enough to keep around, I never had a compelling reason to want him in the party story-wise and character wise, if I want an a** with a sharp tongue then Sand is moderately useful. Then I discover NWN2 fanfiction and I'm sitting here going "awesome, NWN2 fics...
                      WTF, why is this character so popular?!?
                      He's a useless traitor that only stuck around because I couldn't get rid of him and only got out of the keep because I'm not allowed to call meteor storms down during a cut scene. Why?!?!?!?"

/end rant
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Lol, there are worse things to be in the world and Casavir at least was never a flat out traitor.

Bishop, is just a long lasting pet peeve of mine. He wasn't mechanically useful enough to keep around, I never had a compelling reason to want him in the party story-wise and character wise, if I want an a** with a sharp tongue then Sand is moderately useful. Then I discover NWN2 fanfiction and I'm sitting here going "awesome, NWN2 fics...
                        WTF, why is this character so popular?!?
                        He's a useless traitor that only stuck around because I couldn't get rid of him and only got out of the keep because I'm not allowed to call meteor storms down during a cut scene. Why?!?!?!?"

/end rant
                        His usefulness does change depending on the character you play-- and his appeal? He's a bad boy. Chicks dig bad boys...in theory. That is until he turns on you...thing is, most of the stories ignore that bit. Mine, not so much. There is one way to get him to fight with you during the end game...and that's what I wrote about. And yet, he betrays her anyway in the end. I used this silly fan fiction to write about the worst kind of domestic violence. I don't know what that says about me.

Comment

That you're saner than some other authors...

I've seen that pulled once or twice pretty well actually. Buildwise, shrug...
                          I should stop before I completely derail this thread.

Comment

I finished the Tawny Man trilogy yesterday. I'm officially a huge fan of the series now! I hear there is another trilogy coming out late next year, too...

Took me about two months to finish all six books and I wish I could have stretched them out more because I didn't want it to end...

Right now I'm reading The Kings and Queens of Roam by the author of Big Fish.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can find a decent reading journal printable for grown-ups? I want something more than just fields for title and author, and I love this but she only had it available for a short while.

Comment

OMG. I finished The Strain Trilogy. I've had a lot of bed time while I am clearing up my infection. I was in bed for the very last hour of the book. I am not kidding when I describe exactly what I did. I lie there with my blanket bunched into my hands. And I balled into. Balled so badly. With such heaving silence. I actually questioned what the hell I was doing?! It was that intense. It was not the happy ending I knew it wouldn't be. It was..I was...gutted. Gutted to the hilt. All my emotions kept tense till the very end.

I think I might read it all over again.

And now I'm starting Memoirs of a Geisha. But in between I've also been reading The Worst hard time. Those who survived the American dustbowl by Timothy Egan.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                                EDIT: Does anyone know where I can find a decent reading journal printable for grown-ups? I want something more than just fields for title and author, and I love this but she only had it available for a short while.

You could totally DIY that...

...infact, lemme see what I can do for you tomorrow, @ work.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X