This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

"the toyminator" by Robert Rankin. I don't always get on well with his books but "Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalpse" was very funny. This is the sequel (for those who don't know) and, 156 pages in, is shaping up to be just as good as the first one
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I'm working though Hands-On Chaos Magick with my witches' group and also working through 78 Degrees of Wisdom while I study the Tarot, a form of divination I've used a little in the past but never felt pushed to continue working with until recently.

I'm also still working on Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind when I need a break from those two.

Comment

Just finished "All Of The Above" by Timothy Scott Bennett. One of the best books I have ever read! I happened upon a tv documentary he had written & directed called "What A Way To Go: Life At The End Of Empire", in which the book was mentioned, and I just had to read it. It's the first in a series of 3 or 4. It takes place a few years in the future and incorporates aliens, spirituality, destruction of the Earth by human greed, shadow government, etc. Of course there's the obligatory "this is a work of fiction" intro, but it contains a lot of stuff I believe to some extent, or at least see as possible.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm reading Philip Pullman's new book. "The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ". It is so damn good x
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Right now I'm working on finishing up the six or seven books I have started now. A little bit of everything from the history of Ireland, firearms books, to couple of books on WICCA.
            I need to get the pile down to only one or two books some I can stay focused and start (redo might be a better way of putting it)my book of shadows.
            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

...I just went to the library...

I'm now about 20 pages into a book called Shamans, Sorcerers and Saints by Brian Hayden
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I am currently reading, Robert Jordans Wheel of time series, it's a great series and very long. Anyone who is into reading Fantasy should check out work's by R.A. Salvatore.... Pierce Anthony...... Margret Weis..... Terry Brooks..... Terry Goodkind....

Comment

I'm rereading anything and everything written by Tamora Pierce (she's a young adult fantasy writer whom I've followed since about 7th grade).

I just finished The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Currently I'm working on Writing the Paranormal Novel by Steven Harper as well as a few random cowboy romance novels >> <<

Comment

I'm still reading The Demonata by Darren Shan, I've got onto the 4th book now, BEC, and it's really good, the beginning was a bit gruesome though lol
                    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I just finished reading the uglies series by Scott Westerfeild (uglies, pretties, specials, extras) and I currently reading the knife of never letting go by Patrick Ness. If the library ever has it in stock (someone always has it out) I want to read the perks of being a wall flower (don't remember the author)
                      Circe

Comment

I'm currently re-reading through the Dune series by Frank Herbert. Right now I'm in the middle of Children of Dune. I love these books so much. :]
                        "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                        nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                        As blending the Light with the Dark
                        merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Anathem by Neal Stephenson

I frikkin hate Neal Stephenson. He makes me paranoid about whether or not I'm seeing things as they are or if I'm just perceiving things based on a pre-fab model of reality that my consciousness believes it should be perceiving in a certain way.

I just can't stop reading his books though >.< I've got his Reamde sitting on the shelf for when I'm done w/Anathem.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Mostly art.

Comment

Fear Not the Storm : The story of Tom Cullen, an Irish Revolutionary by Cathal Liam

Met the author at the Michigan Irish Music Festival, bought the book.. So far it's pretty good.. a few instances when the focus shifts to Michael Collins a bit too much. (If I wanted more info on him, I'd have looked for a book about him.)

Comment

Thought I'd bump this a little. I just finished Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan, and now I'm moving onto The Book with No Name by Anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                                X