This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Just so you know, House of Leaves is specifically designed to drive you crazy(er).

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am rereading the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Just so you know, House of Leaves is specifically designed to drive you crazy(er).

That's what I'm hoping - that it lives up to the hype.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I just started reading Zsuzsanna Budapest's book Grandmother Moon. It looks intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I am rereading the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop.
            I just finished re-reading the series. I love her books. Now I'm starting on the Discovery of Witches trilogy by Deborah Harkness again. They're pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie at Heart View Post
              I just finished re-reading the series. I love her books. Now I'm starting on the Discovery of Witches trilogy by Deborah Harkness again. They're pretty entertaining.

Have you read Anne Bishop's new series?

I'm avidly awaiting the release of #3 in March!

(I loved the Discovery of Witches triology)
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Have you read Anne Bishop's new series?

I'm avidly awaiting the release of #3 in March!

(I loved the Discovery of Witches triology)
                Oh yeah. I have all of her books. All four of her series are wonderfully detailed worlds. I don't know how she keeps coming up with them all but I'm so happy that she does.

March is definitely a good time of the year for me too.

I heard that they're going to be making a movie about the first Discovery of Witches book. That should be pretty good. I wish they would make some movies on Anne's books. Ever since I started reading the Black Jewel Series I thought that Carol Kane would make the perfect Tersa.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie at Heart View Post
                  I heard that they're going to be making a movie about the first Discovery of Witches book. That should be pretty good. I wish they would make some movies on Anne's books. Ever since I started reading the Black Jewel Series I thought that Carol Kane would make the perfect Tersa.

ooooh, I like that.

After seeing The Hobbit movie, I now picture Daemon as Aidan Turner (Kili in The Hobbit) (I used to picture him as a younger Christian Slater) and Lucivar as the guy that plays Fili...
                  sigpic

Comment

I plowed through the Discovery of Witches trilogy over the last few weeks (prolly why I haven't been on here as much actually).

I started reading this book called Bushmans Way of Tracking God. I'm not too fond thus far. Still in the first chapter though. I'm just getting a little fed up with the arguement "These are the original people, this is the original faith of all people, this is the one true way." It irks me but I'm hoping to get past that and maybe glean some useful info.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

After seeing The Hobbit movie, I now picture Daemon as Aidan Turner (Kili in The Hobbit) (I used to picture him as a younger Christian Slater) and Lucivar as the guy that plays Fili...
                      Good choices! The guy who played Fili is Dean O'Gorman. He would need to look kind of like he did in The Hobbit though. His regular looks are blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

Comment

Finished up Ground Zero by Nicholas Ryan. You can read my review here called : Boob! some zombie story. Boobs!

I had a few choice words for this author and his description of women.

I then decided to listen to The Breathing Method by Stephen King. One of his oldie but goodie shorts. It packs a creepy subtle punch. And I don't really know why. When I think of what the story is, it's pretty simple. But it's good. Reminds me of how Richard Matheson writes atmospheric creepy stories.

And so now I'm giving Nicholas Ryan another chance with his follow up to Ground Zero, called Die Trying. It's the same zombie apocalypse universe only a month into the plague and a different group of survivors.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am still reading about Priscilla Halburton-Smythe and Hamish Macbeth - an excellent mystery story set in the North of Scotland - in Sutherland

Comment

Finished Eisenhower at War and am now reading Strong Men Armed.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Finished up Nicholas Ryan's Die Trying. The second after his Ground Zero. This one passes with flying colors! You can read my review here: No boobies but lots of zombies!

And tonight I'm starting on Scott Sigler's Infectious! You know, the usual there is a virus outbreak and it makes people go nuts and murder everyone. But it's not a biological virus...it's a technological one! Dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

Comment

I made a boo boo in the title. It's called Infected. My bad.

Anywho. I finished it. Was soo awesome I jumped right into the sequel called Contagious.

Comment

Working...
                                X